Windows 10: Notification settings per application not being retained

Discus and support Notification settings per application not being retained in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 1909 (18363.657) I've seen other mentions of this all around the web but no working solutions: Some of my App Notification settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JLJones, Mar 1, 2020.

1. JLJones Win User

Notification settings per application not being retained

Windows 10 Home 1909 (18363.657)

I've seen other mentions of this all around the web but no working solutions: Some of my App Notification settings are not being retained. Specifically, I use an old (non-Store) but just-what-I-need reminder program (Kana Reminder) and it correctly flashes a systray icon and/or pops up its reminders when they occur.

But they also trigger an App Notification popup, even though I've repeatedly turned it off, both from Settings and from the Notification window. The choice is just not sticking between sessions. I've tried to find something in CCleaner that might be removing the choice but no luck so far.

Any thoughts appreciated.

:)

JLJones, Mar 1, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Notification settings per application not being retained

Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Notification settings per application not being retained

1. Notification settings per application not being retained - Similar Threads - Notification settings per

2. Notification sounds do not retain volume settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds do not retain volume settings.: see here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-windows-10-notifications-volume/bf935e0f-7109-4309-8f56-fa161fec8854When will this be fixed?...
  3. Notification sounds do not retain volume settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification sounds do not retain volume settings.: see here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-windows-10-notifications-volume/bf935e0f-7109-4309-8f56-fa161fec8854When will this be fixed?...
  4. Notification sounds do not retain volume settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple notifications per email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple notifications per email: Hi, at my workplace a member of staff is getting 3 notifications in the action centre for each email she receives - it was working ok before. Has anyone encountered this and found a fix?...
  6. My display settings aren't being retained

My display settings aren't being retained: I am running a DELL XPS laptop with 2 external screens. I have connected them both and they work fine, however the moment I restart the laptop, the display settings change. They only come back after unplugging and re-plugging in the HDMI cables again. It is quite...
  7. Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled: Hello! I have the weirdest problem right now. I've set Application Guard to not delete the content of the sandbox, yet when I restart everything is deleted anyway. Anyone with the same problem? submitted by /u/Safe_Airport [link] [comments]...
  8. password not being retained in memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password not being retained in memory: After Applying October 13, 2020-KB4578968 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 , version 20H2 many of my applications are now asking for passwords over and over including Microsoft. It appears that for some reason these running applications are not...
  9. MS Pwd not being retained

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Pwd not being retained: According to the suggestions on your community help page that to correct the MS Acct I have to perform a number of major steps to get this pwd to stay recognized. I think not, MS needs to get its program operational so that the end user doesn't have to spend valuable time...
  10. Add Applications To Notifications And Actions Settings.

Add Applications To Notifications And Actions Settings.: Hi, Recently i had a problem with my windows 10 home and i had to reset it. However, under System>Notificactions and Actions, many apps don't appear in this list. The attached image shows the applications I have in the list. How can i add more apps to this list? For...