Windows 10: Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ?

Discus and support Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, First time here - hoping someone might be familiar with something called 'Desktop.Toasts'. I was looking through the Notifications Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graveller39, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ?

hi,

First time here - hoping someone might be familiar with something called 'Desktop.Toasts'.

I was looking through the Notifications Settings and stumbled upon this entry called "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE". Its under 'Get notifications from these senders'.

It looks rather odd, and I have no idea what a Desktop.Toast is, so I did a quick google search, but couldn't make heads or tails of it - and absolutely nothing about the specific entry I found.

Anyone know what this might be and whether I should be concerned? I'm running Windows 10 Home on a MSI CX72-6QD laptop.

thanks

:)

graveller39, Apr 3, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Apr 3, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Apr 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ?

"Toasts" are the rectangular notification boxes that slide in and out at the bottom right of your screen. They used to appear as balloon tips in the classic view. I'm not sure what particular app yours is but you could look down your complete list of apps and see if you can identify it that way. Settings > System > Apps & Features.

philc43, Apr 3, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    Its a Delphi desktop app.

dencal, Apr 3, 2017
  6. thanks for the info guys...

So, Embarcadero Delphi is a programming language..? I looked through my list of apps & programs, but I've no way of knowing which one this is associated with. Is there a way to find out? Or at least a way to know if I've picked up some rogue software somewhere?

graveller39, Apr 3, 2017
  7. Just to be clear, the laptop in question is less than 3 months old, not many programs installed yet, its kept updated, running ESET Smart Security and I use Malwarebytes Anti-malware & SuperAntispyware regularly. It also seems unlikely any virus or trojan would give itself away by showing up as a "toast".

Nevertheless, it also seems strange there's no obvious way to determine exactly what software it might be related to and googling the CF4ADDBE string produces nothing except my own post here.

graveller39, Apr 5, 2017
  8. Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ?

I do appreciate the help, but I was kinda hoping for something a little more substantial...

graveller39, Apr 10, 2017
  9. mimicro Win User
    Just chiming in to say I have the same exact issue, have you managed to get it sorted?

mimicro, May 15, 2017
  10. I also have a fairly new MSI and came across the same thing.
    Tracked down the registry key: Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-828445535-2911679949-3288560133-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\Backup\Embarcadero.DesktopToasts.CF 4ADDBE

To expand upon the previous answers, embarcadero is an all-in-one compiling environment that has tried to make building new software and wrapping old software easy. This sort of looks like a fragment from something that wasn't compiled right, and not anything to worry about. The registry key itself tells us that this was a desktop app that was supposed to push a notification.

The CF4ADDE is likely a hex referencing an ip address. Specifically 207.74.221.190, which is the security and ip address registry firm Merit Inc. They've been around since the earliest internet, and do a lot of things under the hood of the web.

My guess is that some bit of software that was shipped with MSI (or some other third party app) just didn't compile something right and it got left behind. So nothing to worry about.

NBStephens, Jun 9, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Maybe this will shed a little more light on it. Apparently, it's associated with the Action Center in Windows 10. From various sources, it displays the "toast" notification, then parks it in the Action Center. Best I could decipher.

Using Notifications - RAD Studio

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ?

1. Notification Settings: What is "Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE" ? - Similar Threads - Notification Settings Embarcadero

2. Windows Toast Notifications Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Toast Notifications Issue: [ATTACH] Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules (I believe I have!) Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue...
  3. Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1909 (Buid 18363.1256), I rolled back from 20H2 (to many problems). This issue was already there before I had made the upgrade. When I plugged in my WD External Hard Drive wich is protected by Bitlocker, I get that small notification toast at the...
  4. Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear: When I receive a toast notification from the action center, it does not leave my screen, despite the fact that I have the setting for them to go away after 5 seconds. When I click on the notification to dismiss it, it brings me to the desktop which means If I am watching...
  5. Change Notification Toast Location

Change Notification Toast Location: I've scoured the internet to find a way to change the Notification Location for Windows 10. The closest thing I've found is this post: https://winaero.com/blog/move-notification-toasts-to-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-in-windows-10/ However, since a certain Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  7. What is: Embarcadero ? (AppAnalytics)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is: Embarcadero ? (AppAnalytics): I noticed a registry entry named: embarcadero Wonder what it is though. It seems to track and measure how often apps are used, which platforms one is running and what features you are using, find and log crashes and more. [img] Can I delete that entry ? Thanks. 137012
  8. Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop notification toasts but keep the sound: The title says it. Is there any way to do this? We need the sounds to warn staff that documents and photos are arriving in Dropbox, but the notifications toast pops up right over top of a key app process button which cannot be moved. I did have a registry hack that put the...
  9. Windows 10 Toast notification

Windows 10 Toast notification: The details are simple: If anyone knows a way to move toast notifications without moving the taskbar (which by the way does not work all the time) then please let me know. It is so frustrating in borderless gaming and working at the office when the notification pops up in...
  10. Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen: I hate the toast notification popup in the lower right corner of the screen. That is the area it seems that I always need to click when in forums etc. and it's always in the way when I have something open that receives a lot of them. Is there anyway to move where they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. embarcadero.desktoptoasts.CF4ADDBE

2. Embarcadero.Desktop.Toasts.CF4ADDBE

3. embarcadero desktoptoasts

4. embarcadero.desktoptoasts,
  5. how to fix embarcadero.DesktopToasts,
  6. Embarcadero.Desktoptoast.C,
  7. embarcadero.desktop toast,
  8. embarcadero desktop toasts,
  9. cosè embarcadero toasts,
  10. embarcadero toast ,
  11. what is embracadero desktop toasts