Windows 10: Notification shows the following regarding Virus and threat protection

Discus and support Notification shows the following regarding Virus and threat protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Virus and threat protection. Unauthorized changes blocked controlled folder access blocked C:Window\taskhostw.exe from making changes to memory. What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lynnetopping, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Notification shows the following regarding Virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection. Unauthorized changes blocked controlled folder access blocked

C:Window\taskhostw.exe from making changes to memory.

What does this mean and is there a way to find out where its coming from? And do i need to do anything about it?

I have version 1904.

:)

lynnetopping, Sep 11, 2019

2. Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

Currently i'm using Windows 10

In my Windows Defender the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled and it is showing to restart

when im clicking on restart button for virus and threat protection

it is showing the message "ENABLE CONTROLLED ACCESS FOLDER OR EDIT PROTECTION"

i have also tried the command gpedit.msc but it also not executing.

Is there any solution for this problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mohit Bhatia

Gaurav1995, Sep 11, 2019
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Sep 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Notification shows the following regarding Virus and threat protection

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Notification shows the following regarding Virus and threat protection

1. Notification shows the following regarding Virus and threat protection - Similar Threads - Notification shows following

2. "Virus & threat protection" is not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Virus & threat protection" is not showing up: I reasonly reset my Windows 11, and after I logged in to my Microsoft account, my PC booted up without virus and threat protection. I tried all the tutorials on YouTube and even on this site, but nothing seemed to work. I tried with regedit, policy, CMD, and even PowerShell,...
  3. Virus and threat protection is not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection is not showing up: Hello, Whenever I try and access Virus and Threat Protection on Windows Security it says "Page not available" and to "Contact IT helpdesk" but it is a personal laptop I tried changing the group policy, and running sfc/scannnow to no avail. How do you recommend fixing this?...
  4. Virus and threat protection is not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and threat protection is not showing up: Hello, Whenever I try and access Virus and Threat Protection on Windows Security it says "Page not available" and to "Contact IT helpdesk" but it is a personal laptop I tried changing the group policy, and running sfc/scannnow to no avail. How do you recommend fixing this?...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat Protection not showing: My Virus and Threat Protection tab in settings isn't appearing, anyway that I can fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-not-showing/5cd462b7-f5d7-4230-812b-2b04ae45e9ff
  6. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  7. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  8. How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications

How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found.Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed?I'm on Windows 10 21H1....
  9. regarding virus and threat protection page

regarding virus and threat protection page: good evening,I am facing problem with windows defender. I cant turn on the Microsoft defender antivirus. Its showing IT administrator has restricted the usage of the following please try again later, although I got some solutions from the internet and tried to access it but...
  10. Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification: Hello! I've just re-installed Windows to 1909 been stuck on 1809 for the past year and I have disabled Windows Defender from starting. I simply do not need it, and I personally prefer using Malwarebytes for any virus/malware that gets into my system. However, I don't want...