Windows 10: Notifications and Actions oddness

Discus and support Notifications and Actions oddness in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Settings/System/Notifications and Actions is very odd. It is showing applications in the "Show notifications from these apps" section that are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Sep 6, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Notifications and Actions oddness

Settings/System/Notifications and Actions is very odd.

It is showing applications in the "Show notifications from these apps" section that are no longer installed.

It is NOT showing other applications like Skype that are installed.

I've tried the Clear Icon Notification Cache trick, but that doesn't help.

How can I get this sorted?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Sep 6, 2015
  2. ToniKSN Win User

Notifications and actions

Sorry for a late reply, I have been away.

I did not change anything on my computer or Windows 10

I do not have Windows 10 on my "Mobile Device".

I do not have Office 365 acct.

I do not have a business, Office or go to school

I do not use Hotmail/Outlook/Live.Mail Please explain?

I have Google Chrome

If anything was changed on my computer or Windows 10 I have no knowledge.of it.

My previous password was correct. I used it around a week ago with no issues. Tonight Microsoft would not accept it therefore I had to create a new password. I do not understand.

Regarding my concern /question to Microsoft about notifications, at this time I need feedback pertaining to the question I submitted. and what was my issue. ? I don't remember what I asked.

Thank You

ToniKSN, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Notifications and actions

Hi Toni,

There could either be a corrupted or missing data file that could be affecting your computer's notifications. We'd like to know more information about this concern so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Do you have any Windows 10 mobile devices?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Sep 6, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

I always tell it to show all taskbar and tray apps, simply because I do not trust it to selectively show them to me. I have done this since XP, cos I need to know exactly what's running down there. If you have "invisible" apps running down there, it could be a virus issue. There are a couple of tools that can be used to check quickly, TDSSKILLER.exe, google that, and also ESET's Sirefef detection tool. TDSSKILLER looks for rootkits and kills them. If you want to do a full scan, try the free version of Malwarebytes. One thing I have learned is that if something wants to run invisibly, then it's most likely malicious. CCleaner is pretty good for identifying all tray processed and tasks.

XweAponX, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Notifications and Actions oddness - Similar Threads - Notifications Actions oddness

2. Notifications & Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications & Actions: Hi,Im currently trying to turn on "Get Notifications from apps and other senders", but as off the moment the option is greyed out and there is a text saying *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. It is a hassle for me as i'm not receiving...
  3. Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....: So my personal laptop just gave me a notification saying "Your organization requires your device to restart in 15 days." Like I said, this is my personal laptop, and it is not associated/registered to any organization or company. A little concerning if you ask me....Has...
  4. Notification Actions

Notification Actions: In my notifications actions it reads get notifications from apps and other senders with a on and off Question I turn it off but when I close out and come back it has turned itself back on How can I keep it off...
  5. odd notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    odd notifications: I'm getting frequent notifications that my McAfee has expired I haven't had a McAfee account in years as well as notifications informing me that my search history isn't private. It says Chrome is letting me know but the link attached is so.alltogetheresquestrian.com Anyone...
  6. Notification & action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification & action: Using www.youtube.com I found that it is possible to download audio or video by means of www.ssyoutube.com But, www.ssyoutube.com led to site en.saveform.net which offers to download app for downloading audio or video. This was not what I wanted and I left this site....
  7. Notification Action

Notification Action: Notification actio is not showing up after updating new window 10,thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-action/7441bd6d-973a-4d54-bb51-59ff98060da7
  8. Settings/Notifications & actions

Settings/Notifications & actions: Good Morning Community: My question is: How can I delete, not disable, a third-party web-site notification in my Windows 10, build 18342.19h1, Settings, Notifications & actions menu? As an example I have disabled this web-site notification "hddmag.com (via Microsoft...
  9. Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre

Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre: Hello, I have an icon at the right of my taskbar, in the form of a document with a circled number (in this case 2). This used to indicate that, for instance, I needed to check the results of my Backup, when I click on it. Now when I click on it, it tells me I have no new...
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968