Windows 10: Notifications and Defender BS

Discus and support Notifications and Defender BS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am frustrated. Notifications are popping up, Windows Defender is complaining, and I'm running out of patience searching for ways to eliminate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WorkWindowsOrDieByFireAnd, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Notifications and Defender BS

I am frustrated. Notifications are popping up, Windows Defender is complaining, and I'm running out of patience searching for ways to eliminate whatever life force is keeping these things active.

I have followed instructions on how to turn off Notifications, including removing the notification f*cks from my taskbar, yet I'm still getting notifications for emails sent to my Outlook address and other things. Additionally, Windows Defender, or whatever other virus detection BS that Windows likes bugging customers with, is still actively sending notifications to the bottom right of my screen. baDING! baDING! baDING!!!!!! Every time I start my computer, I get notifications. WARNING! WINDOWS DEFENDER IS TURNED OFF! TURN IT BACK ON BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO SCAN YOUR PC FOR NO REASON! WARNING! YOU'RE TRYING TO TURN OFF SOMETHING I DON'T WANT YOU TO, SO I'M HERE TO ANNOY YOU! Or, with the notifications, HI! I'M A POPUP TO TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE AN EMAIL! I'LL POP BACK UP IN FIVE SECONDS TO TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE ANOTHER EMAIL! HI! I'M A POPUP TO TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE AN EMAIL! I'LL POP BACK UP IN ANOTHER FIVE SECONDS TO TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE ANOTHER EMAIL!

Is there a way to possibly, I don't know, remove the programs from my computer, place them on a slab of concrete, douse them with gasoline, light it and return to a now less bothersome computer? Or am I stuck with this BS? I've gone as far as my understanding of computers will take me with no luck, and I've looked up how to disable/turn off these things, resulting in me doing what I'd already done earlier, and still I get popups. How do I remedy this? Or do I just go to an Ubuntu platform or something and run Windows 10 in a VM to do Windows-ey things like play games and hope that these notifications won't bother me? I just want no notifications popping up, and I want Windows Defender to leave Defender-ing things to my other software. How do I accomplish this? Because it seems to be impossible.

Also, I have a feeling Cortana is still active as well. Is there a solution to kill her off, or is that program integral to the functioning of the Windy-dindy? I don't expect anyone who knows what they're doing to get back to me, and since I haven't found any solutions, I'm sure I'll just have to use my laptop as a firestarter next time I go camping.

:)

WorkWindowsOrDieByFireAnd, Nov 14, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 14, 2018
  3. windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Notifications and Defender BS

Disable notification of Windows Defender after turning it off

Hello Nick,

I realize that you want to stop the notification for the Windows Defender. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Press Start Button and type Security and Maintenance.
    • Select Security and Maintenance. Left pane select Change Security and Maintenance setting.
    • Uncheck the Virus Protection.
    • Click Ok. Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us if you are facing any further issues. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Notifications and Defender BS

1. Notifications and Defender BS - Similar Threads - Notifications Defender

2. Windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender notification: Can anybody tell me how to fix windows defender notification problem because it's recent scan notification do not pop up but when I turn it off that notification come. I already reset my system many times and after reset notification perfectly work but after sometime it do...
  3. Windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender notification: Can anybody tell me how to fix windows defender notification problem because it's recent scan notification do not pop up but when I turn it off that notification come. I already reset my system many times and after reset notification perfectly work but after sometime it do...
  4. Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...: I reset my new pc for the first time recently and after reinstalling windows, I get a notice that says when trying to scan files with Microsoft defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access in not available....
  5. Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...

Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...: I reset my new pc for the first time recently and after reinstalling windows, I get a notice that says when trying to scan files with Microsoft defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access in not available....
  6. Why always I have notifications defender periodic on and you using another antivirus

Why always I have notifications defender periodic on and you using another antivirus: Why my laptop notify me defender periodic on and you using another anti virus, on one moment my cpu ram usage high on task manager just one moment before I’m repairing real time protection it’s can’t turn on but is repaired after see tutorial another page, And I see stranger...
  7. Why always I have notifications defender periodic on and you using another antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why always I have notifications defender periodic on and you using another antivirus: Why my laptop notify me defender periodic on and you using another anti virus, on one moment my cpu ram usage high on task manager just one moment before I’m repairing real time protection it’s can’t turn on but is repaired after see tutorial another page, And I see stranger...
  8. How do I get rid of the Windows Defender Security Notification that is locking up my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the Windows Defender Security Notification that is locking up my computer?: I think I have malware- Windows Defender Security Notification- that has locked up my computer- how do I get rid of it- I shut my computer down, but it was still there when I started it...
  9. How do I get rid of the Windows Defender Security Notification that is locking up my computer?

How do I get rid of the Windows Defender Security Notification that is locking up my computer?: I think I have malware- Windows Defender Security Notification- that has locked up my computer- how do I get rid of it- I shut my computer down, but it was still there when I started it...
  10. How do I get rid of the Windows Defender Security Notification that is locking up my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security