Windows 10: notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead

Discus and support notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 notifications area. Know how to use the Settings, changed them to be longer, so I decide what to do. They all seem to open in my Avast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevenavery, Mar 21, 2019.

1. notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead

Windows 10 notifications area.

Know how to use the Settings, changed them to be longer, so I decide what to do.

They all seem to open in my Avast Secure Browser, which I really do not normally use. (My browser choices are largely based on good add-ons and how well Linkman works with the browser.)

My default browser is Firefox.

Any idea why the notifications is using the Avast browser. (I could uninstall the thing and see what happens, but if this can be understood and controlled, great.)

:)

stevenavery, Mar 21, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Mar 21, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 21, 2019
  4. notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead

Default app changes (browser)

Hi Kumar,

I realize that you get notification message when you open Chrome. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

Follow these steps to confirm that Chrome is set as the default browser:

• Press “Windows key + I” to get the “Settings” screen.

• Click on “System” and click on “Default apps”.

• Under “Web Browser” select Chrome.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead

1. notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead - Similar Threads - notifications are using

2. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  3. Why my default browser using so much CPU without opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my default browser using so much CPU without opening it.: This happens to my previous browser firefox too. I think it's coming with the default browser. When I start windows browser autoruns and using so much CPU. Any solution to this?...
  4. Why my default browser using so much CPU without opening it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my default browser using so much CPU without opening it.: This happens to my previous browser firefox too. I think it's coming with the default browser. When I start windows browser autoruns and using so much CPU. Any solution to this?...
  5. Changing the default browser does not affect the browser used when doing a "search for...

in Cortana
    Changing the default browser does not affect the browser used when doing a "search for...: I have set my default browser to Chrome but that does not change the browser used by the taskbar's search for anything. Can I get that to accept my choice of browser?...
  6. default browser been used in mail box

in Windows 10 Customization
    default browser been used in mail box: Good day How can I change the browser that my windows 10 mailbox uses to open links? it keeps using explorerwhich I hate I want to change it to edge or firefox. Note that my default browser on my windows is already set on edge. Explorer doesn't open some of the links I...
  7. How to change default browser being used by notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default browser being used by notifications: My default browser is Vivaldi. I have set it up in windows10 as the default. I also have Google Chrome installed. Nevertheless when ever I get a Windows 10 notification through from Youtube Windows 10 insists on sending that notification to Chrome even though Vivaldi is the...
  8. How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu: How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-my-desktop-as-default-display-instead/b99e864c-0fee-4b86-8570-105ca2691ecc
  9. The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser

in Windows 10 News
    The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser: From time to time, I am asked by customers, “How do I ensure that all web traffic goes to Internet Explorer?” In fact, I was recently asked this question by someone trying to help a hospital. Now, I understand the scenario. In healthcare (as in many other industries), it’s...
  10. Windows 10 ignores my DNS configuration and uses default DNS instead

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ignores my DNS configuration and uses default DNS instead: I'm trying to setup Unotelly on my computer but Windows 10 ignores my DNS configuration and uses default DNS instead. I have reseted my network in PC settings and in CMD for second attempt, nothing works. Disabled IPv6 in all adapters, nothing works. DNS still working on my...