Windows 10: Notifications delayed

Discus and support Notifications delayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the most recent update, I see that notifications come much later than when the action actually happens. For instance, when I get an email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3DPiper, Oct 10, 2016.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Notifications delayed

After the most recent update, I see that notifications come much later than when the action actually happens.
    For instance, when I get an email through outlook, the slide-in-notification window on the bottom right happens like 10 minutes later. I have already read and/or deleted the email, then get a notification about it much later.
    Before the update it was instantly.
    Is this fixable, or do I have to wait until the next update?

:)

3DPiper, Oct 10, 2016
  2. Sonphil Win User

Notifications delayed

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 version 1607.

Many of my notifications are delayed. Sometime, I have to wait a very long time before they show up. Some notifications appear only if another notification has be displayed.

For example, if I plug in my external hard drive, I won't get the notification telling that I have to select an action. The first notification will be displayed only if another notification has to be displayed. For example, if I receive an email. The first
    notification will show up. Thereafter, if I close the first notification, the notification about my e-mail will be displayed.

The bug is not always reproducible. If i restart my computer, it fixes temporarily the problem. The problem will occur again after some time.

Sonphil, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Notifications delayed

Hi,

For possible resolution, we suggest you to perform a
    clean boot

Regards.

Michael Gall, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

Notifications delayed

1. Notifications delayed - Similar Threads - Notifications delayed

2. Since the latest Win10 update, Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Since the latest Win10 update, Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications: The Microsoft News app is set to give me notifications as can be seen below (per in-app settings)... [ATTACH] On Settings > System > Notifications & actions, Microsoft News is not even appearing as a notification to turn off or on... [ATTACH] I don't like most of the...
  3. Windows 10 notifications are delayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 notifications are delayed: When I get home from work my Windows 10 notification pop ups will stream for up to an HOUR on every email I got throughout the day, every Slack message, etc. It's too much, most of these messages have been read, replied to, etc from my Work PC. Sometimes this will start...
  4. Windows 10 notifications are delayed, will show hundreds of pop ups for every email, chat...

Windows 10 notifications are delayed, will show hundreds of pop ups for every email, chat...: When I get home from work my Windows 10 notification pop ups will stream for up to an HOUR on every email I got throughout the day, every Slack message, etc. It's too much, most of these messages have been read, replied to, etc from my Work PC. Sometimes this will start...
  5. Notification Delays Windows 10 - Outlook 2016 through Office 365 and Slack

Notification Delays Windows 10 - Outlook 2016 through Office 365 and Slack: We have two Windows 10 Machines - Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) that have started sending new email and slack notifications multiple times and with varying time delays. I have disabled notifications and restarted. Then re enabled notifications and restarted. This...
  6. All desktop notifications from all apps appear after a delay

All desktop notifications from all apps appear after a delay: This is very frustrating. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm on the godforsaken Insiders program, I've seen reports of this exact issue from multiple users which date back to the Anniversary update and some are threeyears old: *...
  7. Win 10 notifications come with delay all at once

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 notifications come with delay all at once: Hello! My notifications are buggy - they come with a delay and all at once: they don't come on time, but at some random point they start all coming one after the other making this sound, brrr....
  8. Alarm Clock Notification Delay on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm Clock Notification Delay on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I just finish building my custom pc and have updated the drivers. But there's one problem I'm currently having, the Alarm in the built in Alarm & Clock app didn't go off on time but instead the notification was delayed 2 - 3 hours later after I wake up and moving the...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications: Last week I installed a new hard drive on my computer and re-installed Windows 10. Previously I had used Windows Live Mail, but I changed to the pre-installed Windows 10 Mail program. Since then, I have had delays of up to 30 minutes receiving e-mails, and the audio/banner...
  10. New Apps Causing Start up Delay Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps Causing Start up Delay Notification: I got a notification that some apps I have are delaying my start up time. It seems like 25 seconds is too slow for MS. Strange thing is that none of the apps were MS apps. So I went into settings and stopped all but two MS aps from running in the background. 27841