Windows 10: Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

Discus and support Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I always use 2 monitors with windows 10 in Extended Display mode and I had never seen this issue that I have now, since last upgrade in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angel Cabrero, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

Hi all,

I always use 2 monitors with windows 10 in Extended Display mode and I had never seen this issue that I have now, since last upgrade in windows 10.

My problem is: I have extended displays and main monitor (1) is screen laptop, this is marked as "main" like you can see in screenshot, so I always had apps notifications in this screen, but since last upgrade I have always all notifications in secondary screen (external monitor) and I don't understand why it happens.

Do you have any idea? this is mandatory for my work and now I'm oblied to use Duplicate screen to see all app notifications.

Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display" 698c3734-ea61-4f38-b9d5-3fa116a1eb90?upload=true.jpg

:)

Angel Cabrero, Mar 20, 2019
  2. L33_01 Win User

Unable to extend monitor display

Hi Jay Jap,

thanks again for your reply.

I checked the screen resolution settings through windows and then through the Nvidia graphics cards.

Windows detected both monitors but Nvidia settings didn't.

I downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers again and it's working fine. Simple solution, not sure why I had to install the drivers again? But thanks for your help, your suggestion to check if the monitors were being detected prompted me that it had to
    be a graphics card issue.

L33_01, Mar 20, 2019
  3. how to extend display on new monitor windows 10

right click desktop>>display settings

scroll down and select extend to this desktop, go up and apply.

click on the 2nd monitor icon and do the same for it and apply. restart PC.

If you want #2 monitor as the #1 MAIN monitor, then drag the #2 monitor icon left to the #1 position and restart PC.

I also suggest to set the resolution for both displays the same.

Seahawks_1965, Mar 20, 2019
  4. L33_01 Win User

Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

Unable to extend monitor display

Hi,

I recently did a reinstall of windows 7 and since then have not been able to extend the display on my dual monitors.

Both monitors are working and will switch betweem 1 (main display) and 2 (second display), but they will not display at the same time. One will always go black when I change to the other.

I am running 2 x nvidiaGe force gtx560 graphics cards.

I tried an unistall of the graphics drivers in safe mode and then re installed and rebooted but it didnt work?

Have tried adjusting the extended display setting through the nividia control panel and windows display setting. No luck? Couldn’t find any trouble shoot on google either?

Please help

L33_01, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

1. Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display" - Similar Threads - Notifications Displayed secondary

2. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend monitor display pixelated: I'm using TUF Gaming F15 and extend monitor is LG MP59G HDMI. On extend monitor, I can see a small white line in blue background, and on image, icon, every thing look like not smooth. I have setting resolution and frame rate recommended but it still like this. Please help me...
  3. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend monitor display pixelated: I'm using TUF Gaming F15 and extend monitor is LG MP59G HDMI. On extend monitor, I can see a small white line in blue background, and on image, icon, every thing look like not smooth. I have setting resolution and frame rate recommended but it still like this. Please help me...
  4. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  5. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  6. Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...: When first turning on the computer, the motherboard screen and windows loading screen appears on both monitors, then when signing into Windows it reverts to only showing on monitor 1. After signing in I simply extend the screen using Windows + P and through display settings....
  7. Display on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display on secondary monitor: My second monitor is going black one second after i connect it and i bought a new adapter and it still does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-on-secondary-monitor/05501634-4ccf-4520-90f8-6975d9ad7e35
  8. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  9. black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays: This issue is almost driving me crazy! People where I work use 2 monitors used as extended displays. All the extended displays work fine on Windows 7, but when I upgrade or redo the PC with Windows 10, black lines are on the monitor(s). Sometimes the lines are thin and in...
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notificatiosn displayed on secondary monitor when used the second monitor as extended display - microsoft