Windows 10: Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable

Discus and support Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As stated in the subject title, whenever I want to disable notifications for any one program through Windows' settings, it appears it is off, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Freezurn, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Freezurn Win User

Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable

As stated in the subject title, whenever I want to disable notifications for any one program through Windows' settings, it appears it is off, but it somehow turns itself back on when I return to that screen.

I've provided a video showcasing my issue:

https://youtu.be/b8LOMkSkJwA

It seems unlikely that a program is overwriting my actions because it doesn't seem any of them would be doing something like this.

:)

Freezurn, Oct 30, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 30, 2020
  3. jdanniel Win User
    Can I Disable Popup Action Center Notifications for a Specific Program

Hello, everyone, I am using Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 17134.48.

May I please request some assistance disabling Action Center notifications for one particular program? I know how to disable the notifications from apps and other senders, but I'm not sure how to disable notifications for selected programs if they are not in the Get Notifications from These Senders list.

I have a freeware audio converter called Media Human. When a file is converted, a notification appears on screen. The problem is, a notification appears for each and every file, whether it's one or 100, or 250.

The freeware app isn't listed in that Get Notifications list, so I was wondering if there's a way to disable notifications for that program, while leaving other notifications enabled.

If this is not possible, then I suppose I could temporarily disable all notifications while using that program. But if I can selectively disable that program permanently, I'd prefer that.

Is this possible? If so, what is the procedure? If not, then is my alternative the most practical one, or is there a better option?

Thank you! J. Danniel

PS: Just to clarify, I'm referring to the notifications that appear on screen in real time. I don't care about the notifications that are inside the Action Center. I can just clear them out whenever I open that area. But if I have to disable them both, that's fine by me. Thank you.

jdanniel, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable

How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you want to disable only Outlook notification?

• When do you get this notification?

• Do you want to disable other app notifications as well?

You will receive notification along with the sound if you have enabled settings accordingly for the application to notify you.

If you want to disable Outlook notification on Mail app, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mail and select the top most search result.

• Click on the Settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the app and select
      Notifications from the popped window on the right side.

• Check/uncheck the appropriate options from the Notifications window.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If you want to disable other notifications on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Notifications & actions
      from the left side panel of the screen.

• Enable/disable the apps notification from the window accordingly and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable

1. Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable - Similar Threads - Notifications Program Disable

2. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  3. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  4. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Any way to disable taskbar flashing app notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable taskbar flashing app notifications?: I've tried changing the value of HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundFlashCount and restarting like some guides online say, but that doesn't seem to disable them. Does anybody know of a different way that works? I'm on Windows 10.0.19041 if that helps. submitted by...
  6. Supress all other programs and notifications when one program open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Supress all other programs and notifications when one program open: Hello, is there a way to supress all other programs and notifications when i have one app/program open (kodi) My OS is Windows 10 submitted by /u/filledk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc1reb/supress_all_other_programs_and_notifications_when/
  7. Any way to disable taskbar on one specific monitor?

Any way to disable taskbar on one specific monitor?: Can I leave taskbar on monitor 1 and monitor 2 while disabling the taskbar on the 3rd monitor? 135876
  8. Disable Notifications

Disable Notifications: My wife's Windows 10 computer get notification sounds any time night or day and they are driving us crazy. I have turned off notifications for Facebook and Gmail but they still keep coming. How can I figure out where they are coming from so that I can TURN THEM OFF?...
  9. disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing: Hello, i want to disable desktop notification for specific program, but program isn't showing under: "Get notifications from these senders". Thanks for help. Edit: never mind i found out how disable notification in that program, but for in future, i may have program in which...
  10. How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?: I keep getting notifications that startup programs are making Windows load slowly. However, my setting to disable this is grayed-out. See my attachment. Any ideas on how to get it where it can be toggled? 14202