Windows 10: Notifications from downloading files from browser are disappearing immediately

Discus and support Notifications from downloading files from browser are disappearing immediately in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My notification length is currently set to five seconds, but when I download something from a browser (chrome) the notification disappears before i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hongbinnie, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Notifications from downloading files from browser are disappearing immediately

My notification length is currently set to five seconds, but when I download something from a browser (chrome) the notification disappears before i can even get my mouse over to it to click on it (and when I do manage to click on it, it doesnt register)

This is happening on another laptop running Windows 10, too (both fully updated) and I'm not sure if its a windows thing or a chrome thing, because I tested it with Microsoft Edge and didn't get a notification at all

Is anyone else having the same issue?

https://reddit.com/link/icsuxu/video/to99kkpl10i51/player

submitted by /u/Hongbinnie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hongbinnie, Aug 19, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 19, 2020
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Notifications from downloading files from browser are disappearing immediately

Download file Disappeared

I went to my download file to install a file and the file and all items in it have disappeared looked in the trash can nothing there. any suggestions.

richard sturgeon, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Notifications from downloading files from browser are disappearing immediately

1. Notifications from downloading files from browser are disappearing immediately - Similar Threads - Notifications downloading files

2. Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed: I have a program that generates semi-regular, fairly important notifications. On my previous Windows 10 machine, these notifications would appear both as a banner that would display for a handful of seconds, and as an entry in the notification center, where I could clear them...
  3. Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed: I have a program that generates semi-regular, fairly important notifications. On my previous Windows 10 machine, these notifications would appear both as a banner that would display for a handful of seconds, and as an entry in the notification center, where I could clear them...
  4. Windows notifications disappear immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows notifications disappear immediately: I've been trying to get notifications working on Windows 11, as I've never used them in the past. I'd like to now, with Microsoft To Do, Mail, and even Gmail through Edge. However, as soon as a notification pops up, it disappears from the side of the screen, and the...
  5. Windows notifications disappear immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows notifications disappear immediately: I've been trying to get notifications working on Windows 11, as I've never used them in the past. I'd like to now, with Microsoft To Do, Mail, and even Gmail through Edge. However, as soon as a notification pops up, it disappears from the side of the screen, and the...
  6. Not getting desktop notifications from any browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not getting desktop notifications from any browser: I recently switched my browser from Chrome to Firefox. I noticed while I was using chrome that I wasn't getting any notifications from the browser. I used to get notifications from Duo Lingo and YouTube however at one point I stopped getting any notifications from chrome....
  7. Any good software for downloading files from browsers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good software for downloading files from browsers?: It seems whenever I download files that are a gigabyte or more through google chrome or Microsoft edge the download just stops. Is there any software I can use to reliably download larger size files? Thanks submitted by /u/DV-dv [link] [comments]...
  8. Whatsapp notifications disappear from Windows Notification Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whatsapp notifications disappear from Windows Notification Center: Recently, I have noticed a strange behavior with the notifications sent to my Windows 10 laptop: I do have a pop-up at the bottom of my screen and the notification is present in the notification center, but it disappears after a few seconds. If I am not in front of my...
  9. eliminate notifications from popping up in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    eliminate notifications from popping up in browsers: I use Camtasia Studio and don't want notification about anything from popping up during recording. They appear to be email notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-notifications-from-popping-up-in/8d93ea87-c098-4a47-a05e-f1324f686536
  10. Bluetooth tile disappears from Notification Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth tile disappears from Notification Center: Having problems with Bluetooth on my Acer laptop with Win 10 AU. Let's start with the first problem which I think makes every other problem happen. The Bluetooth tile on the notification center disappears, it is completely gone. I can still find Bluetooth through settings...