Windows 10: Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work

Discus and support Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This was a question on this site last year. Why is it still a problem? Why does Microsoft set these defaults and then not make it possible for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianeCostello, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work

This was a question on this site last year. Why is it still a problem? Why does Microsoft set these defaults and then not make it possible for the owner to change them? Unless you are techie enough to feels safe editing registry files? Why should a home user be required to "program" the computer to enable an option that should be freely accessible?

I want to make my notifications changeable. Without changing registry files.

I am using Windows 10 Home v.1803

I'd like an answer from Microsoft about this, but can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

:)

DianeCostello, Apr 1, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 1, 2019
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Email notifications problem

Hello all!
    After 3 years i opened my very very old email and saw all techpowerup notifications in there.
    After deleting all notifications, i wanted to unsubscribe from receiving email, but the problem was that after unsubscribing, i still received emails! I dont want to unsubscribe from the threads in this forums, i just dont want to receive emails.
    How can i remove email notifications?

I changed this and nothing changed at all

Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work 23ssl68.png

GSquadron, Apr 1, 2019
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work

1. Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work - Similar Threads - Notifications Greyed Problem

2. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out: I keep receiving random notifications.Under Settings - Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these app, many are turned to "ON" and there is no way that can be changed to "OFF" - what is the solution to this. See attached screeshot.I require no notifications...
  3. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out: I keep receiving random notifications.Under Settings - Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these app, many are turned to "ON" and there is no way that can be changed to "OFF" - what is the solution to this. See attached screeshot.I require no notifications...
  4. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  6. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  7. Turn off notifications for Windows Security greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off notifications for Windows Security greyed out: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/phoenix019 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dkqpek/turn_off_notifications_for_windows_security/
  8. Start, Cortana and notifications don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana and notifications don't work: When I click on start the start menu doesn't come up and notifications like reminders don't work any more. I don't get reminded of the set reminders. Also, when I click on the notifications button the notifications menu doesn't come up. Cortana, also, won't come up when I...
  9. show app notification greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    show app notification greyed out: Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer! 25822
  10. "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions

in Windows 10 Support
    "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions: Hi. I am trying to configure action centre in Windows 10 but "show app notifications" is greyed out. It also says, "Some settings are managed by your organisation" but this is a personal laptop. Does anyone know how to change this please? I've added a screen shot....