Windows 10: Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

Discus and support Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShirleyGreen3, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the Windows system flyout it tells me "No new notifications". Upon a reboot, I then see the notifications as normal and the taskbar notifications button behaves normally for a while. But after about an hour or so (I'd estimate) the same problem recurs.

Thanks.

:)

ShirleyGreen3, Nov 9, 2018
  2. LWoot Win User

Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the
    notifications from the Windows system flyout it tells me "No new notifications". Upon a reboot, I then see the notifications as normal and the taskbar notifications button behaves normally for a while. But after about an hour or so (I'd estimate) the same
    problem recurs.

Incidentally, the Mail app is doing something similar. I have mine pinned to the taskbar and it will display X number of unread emails falsely - like it's not refreshing properly - that is, until you reboot. Like the above problem, it behaves for a while
    but before long starts to malfunction again.

I figured I should let you know. This is an older model Alienware 17. Windows 10 (version 1803 with all updates installed as of the date of this posting). It's got an i7 (2.5GHz) and 16 GB of ram. I decided to post this as a discussion, apologies if it would
    have been better to post as a question. Thanks.

LWoot, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Creator Update & Windows 10 Mail App Problem

Hi Barry,

It seems that the settings might have changed after the Creators update was installed. We suggest that you check the settings in Notifications & actions. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions.
    • Under Show notification from these apps, turn On the Banner, Sounds for the Mail app.
    You may also try to remove your email account and re-add it in the mail app.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you run the Window app troubleshooter to scan and fix problems with the app. To run the troubleshooter, click on this

link

Feel free to post back and update us with the results after performing the suggested steps.

Regards.

Mark Ole, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update - Similar Threads - Notifications tray Mail

2. Mail app not get mail or sending mail since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not get mail or sending mail since last update: hello, mail app no longer sends or receives mail since the last win 10 update or maill app update on the 9/10,please can a mod staff member pass this on as answers is getting flooded with people with the issue, cant even add and sync new accountsmany thanks in advancealso...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.

Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.: I have moved emails from my INBOX to specific folders that have been set up. However, when I try to access the emails in any of the folders I do not find the emails I have previously moved there! What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update: Windows mail app is malfunctioning after its May 2020 update from the Windows Store. The messages I send from my gmail accounts, appear to be sent out to the recipients, but instead of a copy going into my sent folder, it goes to my junk folder. As of June 9th, I am not...
  5. Malfunctioning notification;

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malfunctioning notification;: Realtek keeps telling me my audio plug is going in and out. But funny think I am not touching the audio plug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malfunctioning-notification/67160b37-837a-4a35-9327-261a8cbc2292
  6. Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail: I updated to 1909 just over a week ago, and I'm not getting new mail notifications from Mail for my two Gmail accounts. I'm still getting notifications for my one Hotmail account though. If I open the Mail app, it instantly shows a notification for new mails in both Gmail...
  7. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  8. Mail app notifications.

Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  9. Mail app malfunction

Mail app malfunction: A few days ago I posted a question about the function of the Mail app. When I open an email message like the one below using the Mail app viewer it only shows this line information with no pictures or images or graphics, just this. I've been told that it could be a corrupted...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...