Windows 10: Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

Discus and support Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [(Jay)], Oct 8, 2019.

1. [(Jay)] Win User

Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop too.

What I noticed, was that I wasn't getting any notifications at all. I checked the settings within the app, and notifications were enabled. I figured I would have to go to the Windows Settings itself, so I did.

This is where I went.
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions

My "Get notifications from apps and other senders" is enabled.
    I scroll down, and I don't see the Whatsapp Desktop app.
    Without being able to see it in the list, I can't enable the notifications. What should I do?

***Original title: Whatsapp Desktop Notifications***

:)

[(Jay)], Oct 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Apps not showing in my Notification configuration

Apps such as Facebook, twitter, spotify, skype do not show listed in the configurations/notifications menu and therefor I'm not able to modify the way these apps notify. I 've checked with other Lumia phones running the same OS as mine (Lumia denim) and
    all of their apps are listed under this menu.

(I'm reffering to the menu found in configuration/notifications)

The only downloaded app that seem to have been updated in my apps notifications list is whatsapp.

Thanks

SimonRomero Day, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

1. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app - Similar Threads - Notifications showing WhatsApp

2. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  3. Whatsapp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp desktop app: Hi,From the last 2 updates ,, I am seeing the message in the attached picture ,, when I am trying to make a whatsapp call from the latest whatsapp desktop app.My speaker is not engaged in any app acc to me during call....
  4. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  5. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app: Hello,I have been using Whatsapp Desktop for quite a while and for a long time I am not able to receive any notifications from the app.I have installed it through the microsoft store.I have found another similar question on this forum but it did not fix it for me since...
  6. Notifications not showing up for WhatsApp desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. WhatsApp not showing notifications on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp not showing notifications on Windows 10: WhatsApp is one of the popular messaging services in the market. They have introduced WhatsApp Desktop and WhatsApp Web. With WhatsApp’s desktop applications you can chat with friends, create new groups, receive notifications, all without even touching your phone. However,...
  8. App notifications not showing up

App notifications not showing up: Hello , can someone help me.. my app notifications not showing up App like Discord As you can see "Get notifications from these senders" there is no Discord.. Someone help me please.. [ATTACH]...
  9. WhatsApp desktop app popup notifications do not open messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WhatsApp desktop app popup notifications do not open messages: Hi I have Whatsapp for PC on Windows 10 Pro. When I receive a message on PC, I see the message preview popup bottom right, but when I click it, it just vanishes and doesn't bring Whatsapp to the front to display the message. I had this issue on a previous machine, which I...
  10. Whatsapp Desktop Notifications

Whatsapp Desktop Notifications: Alright, so I recently downloaded Whatsapp Desktop from the Microsoft store, for the purpose of being able to see my message notifications on my laptop too. What I noticed, was that I wasn't getting any notifications at all. I checked the settings within the app, and...