Windows 10: Notifications not showing up unless I click on notifications button

Discus and support Notifications not showing up unless I click on notifications button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not getting some notifications on Windows 10. For example, when I plug in my flash drive, there should be a popup dialog like in prior Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rasen58, Aug 16, 2015.

1. rasen58 Win User

Notifications not showing up unless I click on notifications button

I am not getting some notifications on Windows 10.

For example, when I plug in my flash drive, there should be a popup dialog like in prior Windows asking how I'd like to use it (i.e. open folder to show files). But that doesn't appear in Windows 10.

However, when I opened the action center notifications icon in the task bar, I saw that the notification for my flash drive actually did appear there.
    But why did it not appear on the screen? I have app notifications enabled in the settings menu.

Notifications not showing up unless I click on notifications button [​IMG]

Also, very annoying is that when I then click on the notification in the action center, the notifications just disappears instead of allowing me to actually do what I want with it which is "tap to choose what happens with removable drives".

:)

rasen58, Aug 16, 2015

2. Quick Action and notifications not working.

The button shows in the tack bar. It even shows I have notifications at times. When I click it it clears showing that I have notifications but it does not bring up the Quick Action panel or show the notifications. I might add that Alt-A short cut gets
    same results.

Lew Wetzel, Aug 16, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    i have a lumia 640 lte ..how do you set notifications for an app that doest show up in your notifications center??I

If the app has notifications go to the app settings and enable .

If not, there is no way unless it shows up in the notification center

garym123, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Notifications not showing up unless I click on notifications button

You might try enabling and disabling "turn off toast notifications" in the group policy editor.

Type "gpedit.msc" into the run dialog box (winkey + R), navigate to User Configuration -> Administrative Templets -> Start Menu & Taskbar -> Notifications
    Double click "turn off toast notifications" enable it, click "apply", disable it and click "apply".

fracking4oil, Aug 16, 2015
  5. rasen58 Win User
    When I tried that, it said Windows can't find gpedit.msc

rasen58, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Very odd! Try running sfc /scannow in admin. command prompt (right click Start + click "Command Prompt (Admin)"). If any errors are found (which I'm sure there will be) you might consider doing a an in-place upgrade (repair) or clean install.

fracking4oil, Aug 16, 2015
  7. rasen58 Win User
    It finished and said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

rasen58, Aug 17, 2015
  8. rasen58 Win User

Apparently gpedit has only been available for pro Windows versions since 7

rasen58, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Hmm, I really don't know what to tell ya, besides if it were me I'd try a in-place upgrade anyway. It has solved issues I was having with a clean install; the installer updates to the latest patched version, so your install will be basically a current (opposed to the non patched version released on July 29) clean install, although I kept all my programs & files.

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notifications not showing up unless I click on notifications button - Similar Threads - Notifications showing unless

2. Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification: Hi, I have an issue with opening some softwares on my laptop.When I try to open a software like Whatsapp on my computer, the cursor shows the loading icon for a split second then stops and doesn't open the software. I tried opening it by running it as an administrator but it...
  3. Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification: Hi, I have an issue with opening some softwares on my laptop.When I try to open a software like Whatsapp on my computer, the cursor shows the loading icon for a split second then stops and doesn't open the software. I tried opening it by running it as an administrator but it...
  4. notification badge not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification badge not showing up: I have badges enabled but they won't show up on the mail app, plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-badge-not-showing-up/313a725a-3f07-4542-9778-5c93c3fbebb8
  5. App notifications not showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    App notifications not showing up: Hello , can someone help me.. my app notifications not showing up App like Discord As you can see "Get notifications from these senders" there is no Discord.. Someone help me please.. [ATTACH]...
  6. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  7. Windows Button / Notification Button

Windows Button / Notification Button: Right now I boot up my computer and when I try to hit the windows button on the task bar with my mouse nothing comes up this also goes for the notification button on the other side of the screen as well....
  8. Notification Area not showing up.

Notification Area not showing up.: Hi! I'm having a problem with my windows 10, when I got this computer it wasn't a problem, but something happened and now the notification area has disappeared! It's especially annoying when I wanna quickly close out of something running in the background or wanna use it to...
  9. Notification says i have 1 new Notification but none show up

Notification says i have 1 new Notification but none show up: The Noticiation I con in the lower right corner of the Task Bar says i have "1 New Notification". But when I click on this there are "no new notifications". How can I clear this or what is trying to notify me?...
  10. Missing notification Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing notification Button: i installed 1809 and i noticed that i don't have button at the end of the taskbar to open the notifications panel. i know they are on and working cause i've been getting the ones i haven't disabled under notification settings. any idea how to get it back, or an alternative...