Windows 10: Notifications not showing when using external monitor

Discus and support Notifications not showing when using external monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a little problem about the notifications. My notifications are showing on my laptop screen(when I am using it), but not on my external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ivan Andonov, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Notifications not showing when using external monitor

Hi, I have a little problem about the notifications. My notifications are showing on my laptop screen(when I am using it), but not on my external monitor(only the number of notifications received, but when i click on action center, they disappear). I am always using one at a time.

:)

Ivan Andonov, Jan 9, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Notifications not showing when using external monitor

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Notifications not showing when using external monitor

1. Notifications not showing when using external monitor - Similar Threads - Notifications showing using

2. Windows 11 Notification Area on external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Notification Area on external monitors: Hi,I'm not sure if there is a way to turn on or if this is even a feature, but I want to be able to click on the 'clock and date' on an external monitor and see the calendar/notifications on the external monitor.Thanks!...
  3. Windows 11 Notification Area on external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notification Area on external monitors: Hi,I'm not sure if there is a way to turn on or if this is even a feature, but I want to be able to click on the 'clock and date' on an external monitor and see the calendar/notifications on the external monitor.Thanks!...
  4. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  5. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  6. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor: Hey Gang, I am new to Windows. I came from Apple. Last time I use Windows was Windows Vista. My question is. I have a Dell Laptop and Dell External Monitor. Is it possible for Windows to remember your window sizes when switching from laptop display to external display....
  8. Cursor lag when using external monitor

Cursor lag when using external monitor: I have a Razer Blade Pro 17 (GeForce GTX 1060) and am using a Dell U2715H Monitor here are the specs (I changes the refresh from my laptop display 1 from 122 hz to 60 hz just in case that had something to do with my issue): [ATTACH] I've been having occasional period of...
  9. Extremely slow performance when using external monitor

Extremely slow performance when using external monitor: System works fine when using laptop keyboard and screen but when using wireless Logitech keyboard and Lenovo external monitor, spinning wheel keeps appearing and delays typing....
  10. Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen not detected when using external monitor: Hi As the title says, I have just upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from windows 8, I usually use the laptop screen and an external monitor, for dual screen, however in windows 10, with the external monitor connected it does not detect and other screens, am I missing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notifications on external display