Windows 10: Notifications on lock screen.

Discus and support Notifications on lock screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have turned off all notifications on my lock screen in settings but there are still the same 3 notifications on it. How do I fix this? I have windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kaseynoel, Dec 26, 2018.

1. kaseynoel Win User

Notifications on lock screen.

I have turned off all notifications on my lock screen in settings but there are still the same 3 notifications on it. How do I fix this? I have windows 10.

:)

kaseynoel, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Lock Screen Notifications

Hi Aaron,

If you already receive the email notification before disabling the lock screen notification, it will not go away unless you've read the email.

Since you've mention that there is no new email when you've checked it, there is a high possibility that it is indeed a new email as shown on the lock screen, but it did not appear on the Mail app since it is not syncing properly.

For us to verify if it is syncing issue, we suggest sending a test email. If the email did not arrive, we highly recommend removing your account on Mail app for it to sync properly using the steps below:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click Settings. (As shown on the picture below.)

Notifications on lock screen. aee921fe-fffe-4630-9f2d-ed20845af183.png
    • Select Manage Accounts.
    • Select the account you want to remove, and select Delete account from this device.
    • Then, add your account. Please check this link
      for instructions on how to add your account.

After successfully adding the account, check if you will receive the new emails then open it. Afterwards, check the lock screen if it will still provide you the notification. This will help us isolate if the issue is caused by incorrect notification
    of lock screen or Mail app not receiving new email messages.

Please update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 26, 2018
  3. incorrect mail notification on the lock screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving incorrect mail notification on the lock screen. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to incorrect sync issue or due to the corruptions in notification settings.

I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through

Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to turn off the notification and restart the computer and turn it on again and check if the issue persists.

• Type Settings on the search bar and open
      Settings and choose System.

• Select Notifications and action.

• At the right side, I suggest you to turn off the notifications from the app and lock screen.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Notifications on lock screen.

No notification on lock screen

Hi Anand,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try to turn on and off the Show notifications on the lock screen option and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Type quick actions in the search bar and click on Choose your quick actions.
    • Select Lock Screen.
    • Turn on or off the Show notifications on the lock screen option
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Create a user account and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Notifications on lock screen.

1. Notifications on lock screen. - Similar Threads - Notifications lock screen

2. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock notification on screen: Whenever I press any of the lock buttons caps, number... etc a notification appears on screen, this has suddenly started to happen and I have followed all the steps to turn this off via display or keyboard settingsHow can I turn this off??...
  3. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock notification on screen: Whenever I press any of the lock buttons caps, number... etc a notification appears on screen, this has suddenly started to happen and I have followed all the steps to turn this off via display or keyboard settingsHow can I turn this off??...
  4. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  6. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  7. About lock screen notification

About lock screen notification: I have turned on notification setting for call notifications on lock screen still no notification is showing on lock screen. how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-lock-screen-notification/92ea0332-4dbb-4b37-95ed-bb930ec6d6be
  8. Notification sounds in lock screen

Notification sounds in lock screen: As the title says I would like certain apps to play sounds on the lock screen like on andriod, I have been trying to figure out how, i can get it to display the notification on the lock screen but it doesn't play any sound. More Information #1 The specific app is telegram....
  9. Lock Screen Notifications

Lock Screen Notifications: When all users are logged off, there will sometimes be a red circle with a white X through it on the bottom left hand corner of the lock screen with a number by it. One time, the number was 3. Today the number was 6. What does that mean? The only thing I can think of is...
  10. On Screen notification Computer Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On Screen notification Computer Locked: Yesterday, I think I was scammed into buying a service for my computer by Customer Centric Constultant Ltd. I got a message on my computer screen that I was locked and it happened 2 times so I called the number on the screen 855-283-9565 and I gave the person who answered...