Windows 10: Notifications only showing number but not showing details!

Discus and support Notifications only showing number but not showing details! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've clean installed Windows in a new SSD and when there are notifications it show the number [img] but does not show the details [img] this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scopio, Dec 8, 2018.

1. scopio Win User

Notifications only showing number but not showing details!

Hi,
    I've clean installed Windows in a new SSD and when there are notifications it show the number

Notifications only showing number but not showing details! [​IMG]

but does not show the details

this is how the notifications and apps are set

Am I missing something?

:)

scopio, Dec 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Notifications only showing number but not showing details!

Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you do not find the icons in the notification area.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Settings
    • Click on Settings, System
      and on Notifications and actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in notification area.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Notifications only showing number but not showing details!

1. Notifications only showing number but not showing details! - Similar Threads - Notifications showing number

2. Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing: show account details such as email on the sign-in screen not showing. I have toggled that feature off and on in my account setting on my pc, and rebooted the pc but still not working. Any solution, please?...
  3. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner: Hello! As the title says, my Discord notifications are not showing up on my screen. I get the notification noise but it no longer pops up in the corner. my notifications are enabled in both Discord and the notifications in the windows settings. I thought to ask here about...
  4. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner: Hello! As the title says, my Discord notifications are not showing up on my screen. I get the notification noise but it no longer pops up in the corner. my notifications are enabled in both Discord and the notifications in the windows settings. I thought to ask here about...
  5. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. RTF showing numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RTF showing numbers: Hi, I'm not very technologically advance. I have this Microsoft doc that is in .rtf When I open the file it turns into just squares in the doc. I was writing in the Scrivener App and it automatically saves backups. But my computer turned off randomly. When I restarted the...
  7. not show notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    not show notification: not show notification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-show-notification/adf7245f-b4dc-4ef3-bd87-5bd4d8578458
  8. 2 email accounts but only one shows notifications

in Browsers and Email
    2 email accounts but only one shows notifications: 2 email accounts (gmail and outlook) but only gmail notifications show up on mail live tile or action center. Really Microsoft? 27913
  9. Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working: Hi all, Despite all is set as instructed also here (Action Center - Show or Hide Number of New Notifications in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) I do not get the COUNT of new notifications to appear in the Taskbar Icon. The flag changes, yes, but NOT the number of new...
  10. Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon: How to: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon Turn On or Off Show Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from...