Windows 10: Notifications sound and message won't stop. Began after power outage today.

Discus and support Notifications sound and message won't stop. Began after power outage today. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We had a power outage today. My computer was on with Windows, an app, and firefox open. When I turned it back on later the notifications sound began... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by plr&co., Sep 25, 2018.

1. plr&co. Win User

Notifications sound and message won't stop. Began after power outage today.

We had a power outage today. My computer was on with Windows, an app, and firefox open. When I turned it back on later the notifications sound began bleeping every second. The message was about not recognizing the last USB that had malfunctioned and was not being recognized. I had to use settings to turn the volume off completely. Otherwise everything SEEMS to be working so far. The messages icon in the lower right corner had a 1 in it. I opened it but other than the message, there were no suggestions or further information. Since things didn't close properly when the power went off, I did a re-start so it could close itself and re-set. Did this twice. No change. For a month or so I have been receiving a message (without any bleeping) that appeared briefly every few hours or so, telling me my printer and computer were no longer connected. It was connected, but is no longer working. Just to be sure that was not the issue tonight, I unplugged it. No change. Any advice out there?

:)

plr&co., Sep 25, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Rose W Win User
    Shutdown sound notification

A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is used. Testing the default control panel sounds has the system notification be the closest to the brief musical sound I hear. There is not an actual 'shut down sound' displayed in the list.
    A short cut icon with the shut down script 'C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00' does not produce this sound.
    The event viewer report at shutdown time displays the Client OOBE ID 3 stopped. (Why this is listed as an error is a mystery since the security would be stopping if the machine is shut down???but that is the only event listed)

This little sound started after the Jan updates.
    Previous to Jan and Feb updates I could not expect a complete shutdown if an external drive was plugged in.
    After the recent updates the external drive can be left plugged in and the shut down does not restart.
    That little sound is nothing compared to restart but I wondered if it needed to be investigated.

Rose W, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Notifications sound and message won't stop. Began after power outage today.

Text Message Notification Sound

The "text notification" only plays if you are not actively looking at that conversation. The "alternate notification" (ding!) plays when a message is added to the conversation that is currently being viewed.

Here is an example:

• Your phone is in your pocket and the screen is off
    • Your phone makes the "text notification" sound.
    • You pick up your phone, activate the screen, pull down the action bar, and touch your new message
    • You are now inside the messaging interface, viewing the message.
    • IF you stay on this screen, all subsequent messages to this conversation will result only in the "alternate notification" (ding!) sound
    • If you leave this screen (another app, or the home screen) your "text notification" sound will play
    This behavior cannot be altered in the current version of the software. My suggestion is to either simply read your messages from the notification area and swipe them away, or else read your messages from the app and then return to the home screen.

AlbuquerqueFX, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Notifications sound and message won't stop. Began after power outage today.

1. Notifications sound and message won't stop. Began after power outage today. - Similar Threads - Notifications sound message

2. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage, I got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  3. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  4. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  5. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  6. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  7. No sound after 1 second power outage

No sound after 1 second power outage: So I was just watching Youtube and then the power went out for 1 second. I don't think there was a storm outside at that time, so i don't know why that would happen. My computer restarted by itself and it showed a error. I don't remember it too well, but it was something like...
  8. BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667

BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667: Hi, I've had a power outage two days ago, after which my computer kept restarting every time I shut down. Using AOMEI Backupper I restored to a previously made system backup to solve the issue which it did, briefly. Today, when I tried using Display Driver Uninstaller...
  9. Windows won't boot after a power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after a power outage: Hello guys Today there was a power outage in my house while my computer was turned on. I turned on again and a BSOD with the code MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION appeared. I turned it off and turned it on and it won't boot in normal mode, it stays in a black screen. I can get into...
  10. Long wait before seeing login screen, began after power outage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long wait before seeing login screen, began after power outage.: Hi guys. I've got a Windows 10 machine, build 15063.0, x64 booting off UEFI on a custom built PC with an ASUS motherboard and AMD processor and graphics. Until yesterday, whenever I booted up my machine, it would be under 10 seconds from the pressing of the power button to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notification sound wont stop on computer

2. windows sound notification wont stop

3. notification sound comes and wont stop