Windows 10: Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode

Discus and support Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My new Windows 10 laptop keeps making notification sounds even after I have put it in sleep mode. How can that be? I don't want Windows wake me up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Finntegral, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode

My new Windows 10 laptop keeps making notification sounds even after I have put it in sleep mode. How can that be? I don't want Windows wake me up in the middle of the night.

:)

Finntegral, Nov 7, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode

Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode

1. Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Notifications sounds heard

2. PC in Sleep Mode!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC in Sleep Mode!: Do we have to leave the mouse on when in sleep mode? Only when I go to switch the mouse off it then awakens the PC. My older system we had to switch both off Thank you.........
  3. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Sleep Mode: Hi, Years ago i belive i installed some type of software that makes my display go into sleep mode and shows a vidoe of colours and lights but i no longer want this as its annoying when im trying to read something and the display goes off every minute or so, i cant find any...
  4. Windows notification noise while PC is in sleep mode

Windows notification noise while PC is in sleep mode: Within a few minutes of entering sleep mode, my PC begins making audible sounds used my windows for various notifications. It sounds like hardware is being added and removed over and over the entire time the PC is in sleep mode. The sounds are not continuous, as there are...
  5. Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?: I woke up today to my computer making a notification sound, but not from my headphones (which were plugged in). the sound came from the actual speakers of the PC itself. I awaken it from sleep mode and i hear a sound that sounded familiar but i haven't heard before, almost...
  6. No Sound After Sleep Mode

No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  7. PC Minecraft, While playing the XBOX live notif sound can be heard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Minecraft, While playing the XBOX live notif sound can be heard: I am not a pro at forums so here it goes. I purchased for my Windows 10 pro PC which has all latest updates including the current build OS 1909 version 18363.752 along with Geforce 1050TI graphics card. again all drivers are up to date as of 6:00PM today. The ISSUE is...
  8. Notifications when surface is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications when surface is in sleep mode: I would like to get all of my notifications on my surface when the pc is in sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-when-surface-is-in-sleep-mode/afbda3e4-7b97-4520-880f-0bdbf39fd4b1
  9. Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode

Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode: My desktop is in sleep mode but I keep hearing audio sounds that typically accompany notifications when the PC is active. I can not find a setting to silence the PC while it is sleeping. Clearly something that I should be able to control....
  10. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wimdows 10 plays notification on sleep

2. pc making notifications sounds when asleep