Windows 10: Notifications turn down volume

Discus and support Notifications turn down volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am in the process of breaking in a new laptop. When I have a call or streaming music and receive a notification from Teams, the volume turns down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Necromancer JB, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Notifications turn down volume

I am in the process of breaking in a new laptop. When I have a call or streaming music and receive a notification from Teams, the volume turns down tremendously for ~10 seconds. I've gone into Sounds-Communications and specified 'Do Nothing' when Windows detects communications activity, however the volume decrease has persisted and I cannot locate any other setting that controls this.

Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this issue barring muting Teams notifications sounds?

Thanks!

-J

:)

Necromancer JB, Mar 3, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 3, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume Icon will not load to Notification Bar

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

We suggest to check if the system icons are turned off/on. To check the system icons, follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then click Settings
      > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is turned off/on.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Notifications turn down volume

Turn off volume mixer notification sound

I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes,
    MusicBee, MPC-HC, Radiodj, and others). I cannot find any notification settings within those programs' settings. I'd really like to shut this off. Sometimes in my work I need to turn the volume all the way up to critically listen to recordings that were made
    at very low levels. Having a loud notification sound happen when the volume is up all the way is not only super annoying, it's potentially injurious to my ears. Any suggestions? Thanks.

RikkiBates, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Notifications turn down volume

1. Notifications turn down volume - Similar Threads - Notifications turn down

2. space bar turns down volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    space bar turns down volume: Hello, whenever i press the spacebar, it turns off volume. I dont know how to fix it. Please write back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-bar-turns-down-volume/002ff751-47e3-4bd1-9636-49677bc6a36e
  3. Volume turns down on startup

Volume turns down on startup: I've been having an issue for a while now where applications are having their volume levels decreased every time I shut my computer down and start it back up. From things like window's System Sounds to applications like Discord, at times when I open the volume mixer these...
  4. How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...

How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...: I was trying to turn the volume of an application up without turning the volume of the sound device up, but whenever the volume of the application goes above the sound device the sound device goes up as well. Is there a way I could prevent this from happening?...
  5. Volume turning itself up and down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  6. my spacebar turns down the volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my spacebar turns down the volume?: hi,my name is mohammed i got a really weird problem in my spacebar, it turns down the volume,so when i press the spacebar the volume gets down. can anyone help me because it is getting annoying. thank you...
  7. Volume notification

Volume notification: Hello! I installed a new version of Windows 10 and when I'm playing sounds or scrooling through my Twitter or Facebook timelines with autoplaying videos, I get notifications. I want to get rid of them every time I play sounds, but I want keep it when i'm changing volme or...
  8. volume keeps turning down by itself

volume keeps turning down by itself: I’ve been having this issue since last week and I really don’t understand how it started. Currently when I press any key on the keyboard and move the mouse, the volume turns down by itself. I tried to fix it myself using troubleshooting, then I ran virus scan and adjusted the...
  9. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  10. Space bar turning down volume

Space bar turning down volume: Hi, i don't know what could have happened, but from yesterday (2018 9.4) my space bar started lowering the volume whenever i press space, and whenever i press shift it acts like backspace. I haven't got a new keyboard or anything. And it became quite annyoying. I may have...