Windows 10: Notifications - UPDATE

Discus and support Notifications - UPDATE in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Various balloons pop up in the notification/Action Center area that instruct, for example, to "tap to choose what happens with removable drives." Yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Oct 13, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

Notifications - UPDATE

Various balloons pop up in the notification/Action Center area that instruct, for example, to "tap to choose what happens with removable drives." Yet when those prompts are clicked/tapped, they vanish, providing no options ... so what's the point??

**************** update ***************

Now a right-click on a balloon prompts to click on "go to notifications settings." Perhaps this was recently pushed in an update; don't recall seeing it earlier. That's an improvement, but for removable drive notifications, the prompt should point to the AutoPlay settings page, where the options for those drives can be chosen.

:)

borgus, Oct 13, 2015
  2. maddy_SK Win User

Push Notification Problem in Nokia Asha 308

hi,

Whenever i started my whats app after deleting the push notification app i was getting notification update. which when clicked updated my push notification to the latest version.

ALso in the facebook app settings you can get enable push notification which updates or downloads the push notification app.

maddy_SK, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Andy K' Win User
    Luma 720 no app updates

You are right.
    I would like to inform you that the update notification issue is no longer

being considered as an issue but as BY DESIGN BEHAVIOR .
    Why? Here is the explanation:

- The update notifications are sent at a certain time of day (no rule so

no specific data), if the customer for some reason does not have internet

connection or the connection is bad, the phone will not receive the

notification. After that the notification should come up again after 7 days. If

the connection still is bad, the update notification could again not be received

- after this point there is no way to get the update notification for the

particular apps.

Andy K', Oct 13, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Notifications - UPDATE

I don't have a touchscreen, so they are not much help for me either. The notifications do end up in the action center where they can be accessed. When the notification icon in the taskbar is white, click on it to see the notifications. And clicking on a notification in the action center should provide context or choices.

Notifications - UPDATE [​IMG]

JohnC, Oct 13, 2015
  5. borgus Win User
    Precisely. But it doesn't; the notification balloon simply disappears.

borgus, Oct 13, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    You might want to go to Settings>System>Notifications & Actions and flip all the settings to off and then back to on. This has helped on any number of settings issues. While you are there click on "turn system icons on or off" and toggle the action center switch. Mine is set to on.

JohnC, Oct 13, 2015
  7. borgus Win User
    Gave those suggestions a go, John, but for naught. Powering up a removable drive, for instance, triggers an Action Center balloon that reads as in my initial post. Clicking or tapping on it provides no "what to do" choices as did its predecessor Windows versions.

borgus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Notifications - UPDATE

1. Notifications - UPDATE - Similar Threads - Notifications UPDATE

2. Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?: I have a Intel NUC that a run without a monitor mostly and just remote into locally over the home network whenever I need to control it. Is there anyway to get an alert on my main pc that their is windows updates waiting to install or have the updates happen automatically...
  3. Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?: I have a Intel NUC that a run without a monitor mostly and just remote into locally over the home network whenever I need to control it. Is there anyway to get an alert on my main pc that their is windows updates waiting to install or have the updates happen automatically...
  4. Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...: I didn't update my laptop version from Windows 10 to Windows 11 even after several notifications. Now the power functions are not working. Start button is not been clicked with the cursor. And personalize and display settings are not working. Even the desktop screen which was...
  5. Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...

Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...: I didn't update my laptop version from Windows 10 to Windows 11 even after several notifications. Now the power functions are not working. Start button is not been clicked with the cursor. And personalize and display settings are not working. Even the desktop screen which was...
  6. Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  8. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  9. Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...: Hello everyone!I keep getting notifications to install updates, and it does show me there is an update to be installed, but whenever I click on it, nothing happens. No install wizard appears, no new menu, no restart required - the updates just fail to launch.I am not sure if...
  10. Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...: Hello everyone!I keep getting notifications to install updates, and it does show me there is an update to be installed, but whenever I click on it, nothing happens. No install wizard appears, no new menu, no restart required - the updates just fail to launch.I am not sure if...