Windows 10: Notifications wake up my monitor while lock screen

Discus and support Notifications wake up my monitor while lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Last version Win 10. It happens every time with Chrome native notifications. I turn my PC in lock screen and my monitor turns off in 60 sec and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Etoegor, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Etoegor Win User

Notifications wake up my monitor while lock screen

Last version Win 10. It happens every time with Chrome native notifications. I turn my PC in lock screen and my monitor turns off in 60 sec and I can go to sleep. But when I get a new notifications monitor wakes up! This problem starts from the last week!

:)

Etoegor, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Etoegor Win User

Last version Win 10. It happens every time with Chrome native notifications. I turn my PC in lock screen and my monitor turns off in 60 sec and I can go to sleep. But when I get a new notifications monitor wakes up! This problem starts from the last week!

Etoegor, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Steamer Win User
    Disable screen wake from notifications ?

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it but Quiet Hours does not stop the screen from waking. I also had all notifications disabled for a while, which does stop the screen from waking, but this obv makes me miss notifications while I'm actively on the PC.

Any other ideas?

Steamer, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Notifications wake up my monitor while lock screen

incorrect mail notification on the lock screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving incorrect mail notification on the lock screen. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to incorrect sync issue or due to the corruptions in notification settings.

I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through

Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to turn off the notification and restart the computer and turn it on again and check if the issue persists.

• Type Settings on the search bar and open
      Settings and choose System.

• Select Notifications and action.

• At the right side, I suggest you to turn off the notifications from the app and lock screen.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Notifications wake up my monitor while lock screen - Similar Threads - Notifications wake monitor

2. BSOD when waking up while connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up while connected to a monitor: Hey everyone,I've started getting a BSOD when I wake up my computer from hibernation after stepping away during the day. I have a month old laptop for work Samsung Galaxy Book Pro w/ Windows 11 Pro, 11th Gen Intel i7 that I hook up to a monitor MSi Optix MAG341CQ via HDMI....
  3. BSOD when waking up while connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up while connected to a monitor: Hey everyone,I've started getting a BSOD when I wake up my computer from hibernation after stepping away during the day. I have a month old laptop for work Samsung Galaxy Book Pro w/ Windows 11 Pro, 11th Gen Intel i7 that I hook up to a monitor MSi Optix MAG341CQ via HDMI....
  4. monitor waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  5. Monitor will not wake up

Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  6. Lock Screen Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Notifications: When all users are logged off, there will sometimes be a red circle with a white X through it on the bottom left hand corner of the lock screen with a number by it. One time, the number was 3. Today the number was 6. What does that mean? The only thing I can think of is...
  7. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...
  8. Notifications on lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications on lock screen.: I have turned off all notifications on my lock screen in settings but there are still the same 3 notifications on it. How do I fix this? I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-on-lock-screen/0a038694-436c-4eda-bed6-2eea8dd27db0
  9. All notification wakes my screen sleep

All notification wakes my screen sleep: With the new update 1809 suddenly the screen wakes from screen sleep. Same thing happening still on build 17763.55 It turns on for few second then go back to sleep.All windows notification including alarm.I use Chrome and the new build is using windows 10 notification.Every...
  10. Monitor doesn't wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...