Windows 10: Notify to Schedule Restart - Time

Discus and support Notify to Schedule Restart - Time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm currently deciding whether to upgrade to Windows 10 or not from Windows 8.1. The main thing that will prevent me from upgrading is whether I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by thelight, Aug 4, 2015.

1. thelight Win User

Notify to Schedule Restart - Time

I'm currently deciding whether to upgrade to Windows 10 or not from Windows 8.1. The main thing that will prevent me from upgrading is whether I can regain some form of control over automatic restarts after automatic windows updates.

I understand from doing some research that you can change an advanced setting for Windows Update so that Windows will notify me to schedule a restart whenever the system has installed an update which requires one.

My question is how long will this notification be displayed for? For example, will the notification pop up and the computer won't reboot until I schedule a time, or will the notification pop up, but if I do not schedule a restart within a certain timescale just go ahead and reboot anyway?

thanks

:)

thelight, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Enchanter Win User

Notify to schedule a restart.

I have a pc that runs a Wurm Unlimited Server and WAMP. Even with "Notify to schedule a restart" selected, it still reboots to install updates without actually waiting for me to say when.. Thus it kicks people of the servers.

Any suggestions?

Enchanter, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Enchanter Win User
    Notify to schedule a restart.

Guess I'm confused. My updates are installing perfectly. I just need them to only install when I tell them to not on their own. Not sure your answer is the correct in my situation.

Enchanter, Aug 4, 2015
  4. banger Win User

Interesting question, me too.

banger, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Notify to Schedule Restart - Time - Similar Threads - Notify Schedule Restart

2. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  3. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  4. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot schedule a restart time, always claims selected time is in the past

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot schedule a restart time, always claims selected time is in the past: In addition, cannot file a bug with Microsoft. They are barricaded against their customers. No matter what I try in the Schedule Restart widget, it either does not react, or claims in red "selected time is in the past." An example:Can anyone help with this issue?Thomas...
  6. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...
  7. Notify to schedule restart

Notify to schedule restart: How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"? I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings screen. Has MS removed this from W10? 70107
  8. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?: I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own preference schedule, for example 18:45 today (which was in fact yesterday). Anyways, I ran the Check for Updates and when the...
  9. Restart is scheduled

Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. "Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working

"Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working: Hi, on version 1703 the "Restart Options - Schedule a Time..." is not working. When I set a time to restart in the future there is only a "update and shutdown" option in the start menu so I can't shutdown the machine without updating... Any suggestions? 86806