Windows 10: Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep

Discus and support Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Close the lip to sleep is a convenient feature only if it behaves well every time, otherwise you will have a low-battery computer next time you open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zhaozhang2, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep

Close the lip to sleep is a convenient feature only if it behaves well every time, otherwise you will have a low-battery computer next time you open the lid. Sometimes apps may request to prevent computer into sleep (as can be checked in CMD with "powercfg -requests"). in such case, windows should notify user apparently that which app is preventing sleep mode.

:)

zhaozhang2, Mar 21, 2019
  2. QuadraKev Win User

"Hey Cortana" preventing computer from automatically sleeping/hibernating

Unfortunately, "Hey Cortana" still prevents my computer from automatically sleeping, even after these steps.

QuadraKev, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep

1. Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep - Similar Threads - Notify users are

2. users notified when their mailboxes are shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users notified when their mailboxes are shared: users notified when their mailboxes are sharedFrom a government regulation and privacy regulation how can we set it so that when a users mailbox is shared in office 365 that the user has the option to be notified. Currently o365 and azure are stuck on their fixed lists and...
  3. users notified when their mailboxes are shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    users notified when their mailboxes are shared: users notified when their mailboxes are sharedFrom a government regulation and privacy regulation how can we set it so that when a users mailbox is shared in office 365 that the user has the option to be notified. Currently o365 and azure are stuck on their fixed lists and...
  4. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  5. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  6. This app prevents the computer to shutdown

This app prevents the computer to shutdown: The name of this application is SystemTray.exe. Is it a virus? submitted by /u/fyzyk_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jppt29/this_app_prevents_the_computer_to_shutdown/
  7. Prevent sleep when the store is downloading?

Prevent sleep when the store is downloading?: Hello, I often download games from the Gamepass, and I'd like my system to download them fully before going into sleep. Is there a way to prevent system shutdown when the Store is downloading an app? Please note: I don't want to entirely disable sleep, I just want the...
  8. USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping: My computer just will not sleep, either automatically or manually. I just disconnected each USB device one by one and found that it's the printer that's the culprit. There's no way in device manager to change the power setting for it to allow the computer to sleep. Can...
  9. Windows isn't notifying users when updates are ready to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows isn't notifying users when updates are ready to install: In group policy we have the 'Configure Automatic Updates' setting enabled and configured to the third option (Auto download and notify for install). Recently however updates just haven't been downloading (instead saying that the machine is up to date) or if they do download...
  10. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...