Windows 10: Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

Discus and support Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BevinCallan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!

:)

BevinCallan, Nov 12, 2018
  2. yangwu90 Win User

Multiple BSOD Crashes After April 2018 Windows 10 Update

I recently updated my new HP Envy 13t ultrabook (bought Feb 2018) to the April 2018 Windows 10 update (OS Version 1803, build 17134.1), and since then the computer has had multiple BSOD crashes. The stop code
    errors for these crashes includes everything from:

• UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgknl.sys failure).
    There are also instances when the disk space has been stuck on 100% for no apparent reason, even when only running 1 or 2 programs. The computer seems to crash on varying random occasions (even when the computer
    is asleep), and I have not been able to pinpoint the causes for these failures. I have tried everything from:

• running full computer scans (both on Windows Defender and pre-installed McAfee. No malware or virus was found),
    • disabling/uninstalling the pre-installed anti-virus software,
    • running SFC (no integrity violations found),
    • checking for errors and optimizing/defragmenting the hard drives,
    • updating every single driver through Device Manager,
    • updating HP drivers,
    • installing a couple PC scanners and trying to manually resolve issues, and
    • even running a clean Windows 10 update through "Reset this PC" recovery tool,
    but nothing has seemed to work as I continue to have these frustrating random crashes. I have barely installed any new software and the crashes only started occurring after upgrading to the new Windows 10 update.

I am asking the community for any tips or suggestions on how I may combat my computer issues and resolve my BSOD crashes. Thank you all in advance for help.

yangwu90, Nov 12, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help! fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help! scu-png.png

newtekie1, Nov 12, 2018
  4. john_ Win User

Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

Upcoming Hardware Launches 2018 (Updated)

I think it would have been better if it was shorted based on dates.

For example

2018 Q1_______
    AMD: blah blah blah
    Intel: blah blah blah

2018 Q2_______
    empty - nothing expected for that period

2018 Q3_______
    Nvidia: blah blah blah
    AMD: blah blah blah

etc.

PS
    A small mistake

john_, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

1. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help! - Similar Threads - Nov 2018 update

2. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  3. BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018

BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018: I would like to know if Microsoft has a solution for this problem. After the windows update, my battery is not charging and I have to use my laptop plugged in, what is disturbing me. My battery is brand new. I've changed it in October, it was working perfect since this...
  4. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData: Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of my User data was copied over to the Windows.old file. I am now unable to run anything to try to fix the PC and will likely...
  5. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files). This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018: I have just spent 15 hours, yes 15 hours getting my LINX tablet to work again after a automatic upgrade, which it turns out was a new windows 10 installation. When i turned the tablet on I was asked for a password and whichever of my live passwords I entered I got a error...
  7. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  8. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update: My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop-due-to-nov-13-2018-update/df965aae-b5ca-4886-9aa4-a13d8aca39d6
  9. Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018

Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018: While I have just discovered about this glitch in Windows 10 update, reported since 2017, I wonder why Microsoft has not warned its users! It is totally devastating. After a notification in the Action Center. I agreed to the update (Nov. 9th, 2018). The dire result after...
  10. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...