Windows 10: Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Discus and support Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GillBentley, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update.

Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files).

This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't you send out an "intelligent update" that checks to see current system setup so that it can detect the RAID an adjust installation settings?

I need a solution to this, NOW.

I'd rather have the option to Kill updates. If you can't stop forcing system destruction then I'll be forced to make changes you won't like. ( I run a business that has 50+ PCs and workstations and I will gladly change all Operating Systems to run Virtual Machines inside Linux and never again pay for another single user license of Office, Office 365, or Windows of any version.

P.S. If you want to know where your biggest problem is, I'll tell you... I have 1 PC that is 12+ yrs old running estimating software and it is as lightning fast as the day it was first installed. Why? Because it is NOT connected to any network. Your network-able "open architecture" has so many vulnerabilities that you are clogging up the systems. You might want to have Windows install a Virtual Machine on ALL PCs that runs ALL online and connective software. This will eliminate the need to constantly patch and clog up the base Operating System. Then once it the VM gets corrupted, the User can simply rebuild it from a "VM Profile".

:)

GillBentley, Nov 26, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 26, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Win XP automatic updates

Turning off automatic updates will delete it.

wazzledoozle, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

1. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID - Similar Threads - Nov 2018 automatic

2. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  3. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData: Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of my User data was copied over to the Windows.old file. I am now unable to run anything to try to fix the PC and will likely...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018: I have just spent 15 hours, yes 15 hours getting my LINX tablet to work again after a automatic upgrade, which it turns out was a new windows 10 installation. When i turned the tablet on I was asked for a password and whichever of my live passwords I entered I got a error...
  5. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  6. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update: My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop-due-to-nov-13-2018-update/df965aae-b5ca-4886-9aa4-a13d8aca39d6
  7. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  8. Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018

Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018: While I have just discovered about this glitch in Windows 10 update, reported since 2017, I wonder why Microsoft has not warned its users! It is totally devastating. After a notification in the Action Center. I agreed to the update (Nov. 9th, 2018). The dire result after...
  9. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...
  10. BSOD after Nov 16 automatic update

BSOD after Nov 16 automatic update: My wife's computer, a Lenovo x130e, came with Win 7 pro installed. I upgraded it to Win 10 back in April, while the upgrade was still fee. It has worked fine since then, automatically updating, even the anniversary update. However, that came to an end on November 16 when the...