Windows 10: Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Discus and support Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DurbinDDJ, Nov 29, 2018.

1. DurbinDDJ Win User

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of my User data was copied over to the Windows.old file. I am now unable to run anything to try to fix the PC and will likely need to wipe the PC and start over. Before doing so I would like to first recover my missing AppData file.

Has anyone been able to recover their missing User data after this November 2018 update? (I am unable to locate using search in IE, etc.)

:)

DurbinDDJ, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Dan_FKA Win User

Services missing after applying April 2018 Update (1803) to Windows 10

Multiple customers have reached out to me because a Windows Service that I have made is missing after applying April 2018 Update (1803) to Windows 10.

Some customers have also reported that other services are missing, like Cisco VPN client.

I’m able to repro using the following:

1. Install Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) from MSDN.
    2. Run the installer for my service, and verify that it’s in the service-list.

I have also tried to manually create the service using SC / InstallUtil, with the same outcome.
    1. Restart the machine.
    2. (Re-)validate that the service exists, and that it works as intended.
    3. Update the machine with the newest updates, including 1803 (April 2018 Update).
    4. Restart the machine as part of the update.
    Result: The application-files still exist, however, the service is no longer registered.

Running the installer again, or re-creating the service manually using SC/InstallUtil works.

Have Microsoft put new rules in place for services or what’s happening?

The service itself is a very basic service with a valid digital signature.

It is installed in the users local AppData-folder (%localappdata%).

The following updates are applied in step 5:

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803
    • Security update for Adobe Flash Player: June 7, 2018 [KB 4287903]
    • Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus [KB 2267602]
    • Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform [KB 4052623]
    • Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus [KB 2267602]
    • Remove specific prevalent malware with Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool [KB 890830]

Dan_FKA, Nov 29, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

1. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData - Similar Threads - Nov 2018 Update

2. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  3. BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018

BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018: I would like to know if Microsoft has a solution for this problem. After the windows update, my battery is not charging and I have to use my laptop plugged in, what is disturbing me. My battery is brand new. I've changed it in October, it was working perfect since this...
  4. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files). This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018: I have just spent 15 hours, yes 15 hours getting my LINX tablet to work again after a automatic upgrade, which it turns out was a new windows 10 installation. When i turned the tablet on I was asked for a password and whichever of my live passwords I entered I got a error...
  6. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  7. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update: My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop-due-to-nov-13-2018-update/df965aae-b5ca-4886-9aa4-a13d8aca39d6
  8. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  9. Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018

Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018: While I have just discovered about this glitch in Windows 10 update, reported since 2017, I wonder why Microsoft has not warned its users! It is totally devastating. After a notification in the Action Center. I agreed to the update (Nov. 9th, 2018). The dire result after...
  10. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...