Windows 10: Nov 2020 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Could Not Start Properly - Fix?

Discus and support Nov 2020 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Could Not Start Properly - Fix? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Solitaire screen would start to load then close down. I'm using win10 on a desktop. The little shopping bag on the Task bar is absent, but might not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cruisenut2001, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Nov 2020 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Could Not Start Properly - Fix?

Solitaire screen would start to load then close down. I'm using win10 on a desktop. The little shopping bag on the Task bar is absent, but might not be related. I had to do an app search from the bar for Store to try and reload the app. The store showed that it was already installed and showed the Play button. About 15 sec later the app started downloading and sure enough the display buttons are very different when I started playing. My scores are still there. Was there a notification that I missed? Is there an easier way to know which apps won't work unless updated through the Store? Thanks.

:)

cruisenut2001, Nov 23, 2020

2. microsoft solitaire collection

Hi, Lee,

Step 1: Run App troubleshooter.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 2: Run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Please see this link for the steps.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Click Start.

In the search box, type Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Right click Microsoft Solitaire collection app tile, and the select Uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe, and then press Enter. The Microsoft Store will open so you can reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Step 4: Make sure your firewall/anti-virus isn’t blocking the app.

The steps to unblock the game (or any app that needs to access Xbox Live) will vary depending on the antivirus or firewall software you use. Check the documentation for your antivirus or firewall software to open settings and ensure that the software is not
    blocking the app. If your antivirus or firewall has an app white list, make sure that your Xbox Live-enabled games are on this list.

Step 5: Clear your Windows Store cache.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe and press enter. This will launch Windows Store with a cleared cache. You can check if Solitaire error goes away after doing this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Smittychat., Nov 23, 2020
  3. Glensab Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not work properly - error code 101_107_1

ThofikhAhamad,

For the last 4 days I have been having the same problem as stated by Linda and keep getting error code 101_107_1 when the game tries to log in to Xbox Live. I took the steps you suggested with no improvement.

I also checked:

• I am signed into xbox.com
    • I checked my firewall settings to make sure that xbox.com can both send and receive through the firewall.
    • MS Solitaire Collection used to show up in my programs list but is no longer listed there.
    • The MS Solitaire icon on my desktop has disappeared.
    • When I check MS Store games, it shows it is already installed.
    • When I check on "play" in the MS Store, MS Solitaire Collection launches but will not log in and I get the error code.
    • I can play the off-line MS Solitaire Collection games, just not the Daily Challenge.
    • I downloaded MS Minesweeper and it launches and signs into Xbox Live OK. So, I'm thinking something with the Solitaire Collection program or settings is corrupted.
    • I have not been able to find a way to remove/re-install Solitaire Collection.
    • I have not been able to find anything about how to repair Solitaire Collection.
    I am running Windows 10 and the latest updates are all installed.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Glensab, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Nov 2020 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Could Not Start Properly - Fix?

Microsoft solitaire collection

Hi Anne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection app after downloading Windows 10. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect app settings.
    • Corrupt app.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection app from Windows Store and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Nov 2020 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Could Not Start Properly - Fix?

1. Nov 2020 Microsoft Solitaire Collection Could Not Start Properly - Fix? - Similar Threads - Nov 2020 Microsoft

2. Microsoft solitaire collection does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft solitaire collection does not start: Hello,Last month we purchased Microsoft Solitaire Collection, but since yesterday it does not load start. We see the bootscreen, but it remains stuck there circle of cards keep turning.It is installed on an old windows10 pc for my father-in-law. No need to have xbox and other...
  3. Microsoft solitaire collection does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft solitaire collection does not start: Hello,Last month we purchased Microsoft Solitaire Collection, but since yesterday it does not load start. We see the bootscreen, but it remains stuck there circle of cards keep turning.It is installed on an old windows10 pc for my father-in-law. No need to have xbox and other...
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collections: After playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection for many years, it has dissappeared. How do I reconnect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collections/4e074eee-b5af-43da-a069-2721f3fe3ccb
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collections: After playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection for many years, it has dissappeared. How do I reconnect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collections/4e074eee-b5af-43da-a069-2721f3fe3ccb
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Refusing to Start

in Cortana
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Refusing to Start: The last week or so my Microsoft Solitaire Collection sometimes refused to start. The spinning cards in the circle of the opening page just kept spinning. When I've tried to close it by clicking the X, everything just froze. I had to use Task Manager to get the window to...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection for 11/22/2020

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection for 11/22/2020: Is anyone having an issue opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection today? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collection-for-11222020/6751df3d-4963-4163-b0db-1102eb1c8076
  8. Fixing Microsoft Solitaire FREE collection.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing Microsoft Solitaire FREE collection.: I have used the simple solitaire for some years with a link on my desk top and one in the Start menu. Today if I click the page opens but just for a few seconds and then it closes. I can do that over and over again. I have tried the recommended solutions - Reset -...
  9. why Microsoft solitaire collection software could not open?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why Microsoft solitaire collection software could not open?: Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-solitaire-collection-software-could/caba2be6-a90a-4ad7-bdb9-074bc92ef613"
  10. microsoft solitaire collection doesnt start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft solitaire collection doesnt start: So i downloaded MSC( for now on i will type microsoft solitaire collection like this ) and started it it shows for literally 1 second and it closes right away help me...