Windows 10: Nov 2020 update to Windows 10 - problems with Outlook email connection and Edge

Discus and support Nov 2020 update to Windows 10 - problems with Outlook email connection and Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer did automatic update in Nov to my Windows 10. Following that two things happened and continue: Outlook asks for password to email account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ernievindevoghel, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Nov 2020 update to Windows 10 - problems with Outlook email connection and Edge

My computer did automatic update in Nov to my Windows 10. Following that two things happened and continue: Outlook asks for password to email account whenever it is opened, which never used to happen, and even though I have gone to Account settings and run the repair tool which seems to confirm it should work; Edge no longer saves in my favorites links user names such as bank card numbers, even though I click the Remember box, which again only started after the Nov update.

:)

ernievindevoghel, Dec 2, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Dec 2, 2020
  4. iStink Win User

Nov 2020 update to Windows 10 - problems with Outlook email connection and Edge

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

Here's my two or three cents on the matter: Their "bloatware" like IE and outlook are very functional and I've used them immensely. Now granted, outlook express is nowhere near as good as the outlook that ships with the office suite, but it works great.

I really think to solve the problem of everyone bitching about different things, EVERYTHING should be an install option. Don't slip in msn messenger or outlook express if I don't want it. Don't force me to install internet explorer if I don't want it, AND, if it's offered as an option in the install of windows, why not offer opera and firefox as well?

It would be nice if the installer put windows on the system with the capability to connect to the web, then the last steps of the install connected to the internet to update a list of available browsers, email clients, im clients, paint clients, media players, and even calculators, and you selected which ones you wanted.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Maybe they could go to office depot and buy one, that's not a hassle is it? LOL

iStink, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Nov 2020 update to Windows 10 - problems with Outlook email connection and Edge

1. Nov 2020 update to Windows 10 - problems with Outlook email connection and Edge - Similar Threads - Nov 2020 update

2. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with outlook email: no email messages in inbox. email has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-outlook-email/8c7ba12b-89d3-4f40-bbe9-a238913acae4
  3. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with outlook email: no email messages in inbox. email has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-outlook-email/8c7ba12b-89d3-4f40-bbe9-a238913acae4
  4. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing

Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing: I can not start my laptop. I had a windows update last night, I let it run overnight. My laptop was still running in the morning, but had a black screen. I held the power button to close it down. When I restarted it went right into the update, but froze. I let it sit for...
  6. Windows updates fail Nov 2020

Windows updates fail Nov 2020: I need help please. Windows 10 update starts restarts the laptop then I get a blue screen saying 'your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and we will restart for you'. Then it goes to Dell supportassist which runs a system...
  7. latest windows update Nov 2020

latest windows update Nov 2020: Installed latest Windows 10 update for home laptop. Resulting performance is terrible - I can type faster than this o/s performs. Sleep mode after 10 minutes -- goes into a coma! MS Edge forgets logins and passwords it used to remember. Outlook forgets passwords to gmail and...
  8. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem: I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in...
  9. outlook email problems

outlook email problems: How do I stop some emails being deleted without any action from me. Regards, Tom L. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-problems/d93d5902-d6c2-4806-9722-d279832c337d
  10. Outlook email problem

Outlook email problem: When I open an email in another window, previously viewed (and replied to) messages open up as well. this is just started happening today and I also get this error message [ATTACH] I don't have Skype and can't find these directories and Task Manager will not start up so I...