Windows 10: Nov 30 2018 - Hardware acceleration issue with Sketchup after Windows 10/Surface Book 2 update

Discus and support Nov 30 2018 - Hardware acceleration issue with Sketchup after Windows 10/Surface Book 2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well I am not sure if it was a Windows 10 or a Surface Book 2 system update. It displayed itself as a "System Update", anyway. After then installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CS-65, Nov 30, 2018.

1. CS-65 Win User

Nov 30 2018 - Hardware acceleration issue with Sketchup after Windows 10/Surface Book 2 update

Well I am not sure if it was a Windows 10 or a Surface Book 2 system update.

It displayed itself as a "System Update", anyway.

After then installing and restarting, Sketchup 2017/18 wouldn't start, it says hardware acceleration problem.

I had to roll back the display driver to get it work and I lost a whole morning, which had implicated my work dateline.

Another jumpy and scary Windows update.

Why MS just can't test your updates thoroughly (and MAKE SURE THEY WORK) before spreading them out?

My Surface Book as Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GTX 1050 adapters.

:)

CS-65, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    SketchUp program is really slow when selectiong an object using Surface Book 2 and new Surface Pro.

Hello,

The Surface Book 2 should be capable enough in running SketchUp because it has a dedicated GPU. You might be experiencing this performance issue because SketchUp is only using integrated graphics instead of utilizing the dedicated GPU. Let's try setting
    your Surface to always use the dedicated GPU when running the app. Here's how:

• On the search bar, in the taskbar, type Control Panel and select
      Control Panel in the results.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Nvidia Control Panel.
    • In the graphics settings, specify SketchUp to use the graphics card.

Additionally, try some of the suggestions in the following article to help make your Windows 10 installation run better:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Nov 30 2018 - Hardware acceleration issue with Sketchup after Windows 10/Surface Book 2 update

Updates for Surface Book - Feb. 23, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Book (23 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Book update history

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Nov 30 2018 - Hardware acceleration issue with Sketchup after Windows 10/Surface Book 2 update - Similar Threads - Nov 2018 Hardware

2. Hardware acceleration issues after update to Windows 20h2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware acceleration issues after update to Windows 20h2: So the whole system has problems with hardware acceleration. I had to disable it in browser, because when I am using hardware acceleration and "chromium app" and i refresh the chromium app I am getting random black boxes over screen. This problem also appears in Outlook....
  3. Surface Book 2 overheating after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating after update: I was forced to update my Windows 10 back on 10th June 2020 and after updating I have noticed a huge issue with heat. I have noticed my Surface Book 2 overheating with fans running so loud especially when gaming or when idle. This issue never happened before the update and...
  4. Many issues with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many issues with Surface Book 2: I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack). 3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding. 4. The search stops...
  5. 1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2. When 1809 was available I went through the download route and forced the update. Luckily, it seems, things worked well and I didn't face any of the bugs that were listed; however, later I started noticing that Start Screen had issues. Namely,...
  6. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...
  7. Surface book 2 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface book 2 update: Just bought the surface book 2 from best buy it had an update from microsft, so i installed it. After i installed it, it made me enter my bit locker key and now it wont let me restore it?...
  8. BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2

BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2: A few months back I purchased the new Surface Book 2 for a bit over 3,000 EUR. I had high hopes that as Microsoft knows this hardware inside out (just like Apple does with their MacBooks) I would not anymore have to go through the usual driver issues and what not but instead...
  9. Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018: On August 1st we released updates for Surface Book 2 devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 or greater to Windows Update. These updates are now available in MSI format on the Microsoft Download Center from the following links: Click Download to download...
  10. New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18: November 2017 updates Nov 18 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Book 2 devices via Windows Update on Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703): Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Intel Corporation - Display – 22.20.16.4840 Intel(R)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware acceleration on surfacebook 2

2. sketchup hardware acceleration error

3. sketchup hardware acceleration

4. surface book 2 sketchup nvidia,
  5. sketchup nvidia hardware acceleration,
  6. windows 10 sketchup acceleration problem,
  7. surface book 2 nvidia sketchup,
  8. hardware acceleration in windows 10 for sketchup 2018,
  9. surface book 2 hardware acceleration