Windows 10: November 2019 Update blocked on PCs with Qualcomm WiFi drivers

Discus and support November 2019 Update blocked on PCs with Qualcomm WiFi drivers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If your computer uses Qualcomm WiFi adapters, you cannot update to Windows 10 November 2019 Update—the latest iteration of the operating system that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 23, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

November 2019 Update blocked on PCs with Qualcomm WiFi drivers

If your computer uses Qualcomm WiFi adapters, you cannot update to Windows 10 November 2019 Update—the latest iteration of the operating system that brings Favored Cores and new search experience for File Explorer.

Microsoft says it has placed an upgrade block that will prevent you from installing Windows 10 version 1909, version 1903 and even 1809. This is because of the older Qualcomm WiFi adapters causing issues with WiFi connections on Windows 10.

The update is also blocked on Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool.

Microsoft recommends users to manually check for updates and install the new Qualcomm drivers when offered. In theory, if you have the new drivers installed, you should be able to update to Windows 10 version 1909.

If you’re running an older driver, and no update is available via Windows Update, you can try updating the WiFi drivers manually:

• Open Start menu and search ‘Device Manager’.
    • Click on Network adapter Within Device Manager and you can see all the installed adapters.
    • Right-click the Qualcomm adapter and select Update.
    • Allow the Device Manager to search for updates automatically and wait for it to complete the process.

If you are able to update the driver by following the steps outlined above, you’ll be fine. However, if you’re still running the older driver, and no update is available via Device Manager as well, you need to manually install the driver and it’s a complicated process.

Update Qualcomm WiFi adapter drivers on Windows 10

1. Download the WiFi adapter drivers from here and save the files in the Documents folder.
    2. Open Documents folder and double click on the file named ‘qcamainext10x-4-0-3-262-msx64_19fcb71525109fd2831d5a40944ded5663ec6af1.cab’.
    3. Select all files with CTRL+A keyboard combo.
    4. Right-click on any of the files.
    5. Select Extract.
    6. Create a new folder named ‘Qualcomm Wi-fi driver’
    7. Click on Extract option and open Device Manager.
    8. Find the Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter / Killer Wireless Network Adapter.
    9. Right-click and select Update.
    10. Select the Browse my computer option and find the folder you downloaded the drivers.
    11. Select OK to update the drivers.
    12. Reboot your system.

After following these steps, you can now download and install the November 2019 Update on your PC.

The post November 2019 Update blocked on PCs with Qualcomm WiFi drivers appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 23, 2019

2. Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver for windows 10

Hi Stone Chen,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error when you try to run the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver?

• Did you try to install the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
      Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

You may try to update the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver and check the functionality of the driver.

Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

First, I suggest you to uninstall the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Device manager.

• Locate the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver from the list of drivers available in Device manager.

• Right click on the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225 driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Click OK (if any dialog box prompted)
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
    Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode and check the functionality of the driver.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the Qualcomm Gobi2000 9225
      driver setup file and click on Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      and select previous Operating System from the drop down. (Windows 7/8/vista/xp/other Windows as you prefer).
    • Click on Apply and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 23, 2019
  4. IPastilan Win User

Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection

Today, I am using a X507U Asus Laptop with Windows 10. The WiFi connection was perfectly fine just hours ago but now I can't connect to my WiFi although other devices like my phone and another laptop is unaffected by this loss.

As I try to do the device manager solution, I was not able to find the qualcomm driver which is why I am now asking for technical support because I can't really find other ways to solve this. This problem only happened today and it worries me since I have
    things to accomplish within the week.

These are the information I knew of:

Qualcomm Atheros AR956x

My last update was on May 4, 2019

KB2565063 version 10.0.40219

I may provide additional information, but please guide me how to find such info for I am inept with computer technicals.

IPastilan, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. November 2019 Update blocked on PCs with Qualcomm WiFi drivers - Similar Threads - November 2019 Update

2. qualcomm driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    qualcomm driver update: Qualcomm did a driver update yesterday and now there is no Bluetooth connectivity. Says now laptop is no longer Bluetooth capable. I cannot uninstall update. Any suggestions?...
  3. Windows Update ( November 2019)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update ( November 2019): When downloading the November update it doesn't work and fails multiple times before even after a reset. And i have tried reinstalling it before. I need to know if this is fixable.[ATTACH]...
  4. Windows November 2019 update issue

Windows November 2019 update issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720. I was updating the laptop and it stopped. Now I go into a constant Startup repair, then diagnosing this PC loop. I've tried everything within the menus but they all come back with a message "Cannot auto-fix this PC". How do I get out of this?...
  5. Windows November 2019 Update

Windows November 2019 Update: I am getting an error code - 0x80080005 when I am trying to download the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-november-2019-update/b696f27c-8f6c-4439-94d1-5502f3f6981e
  6. Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes November 2019 Security Updates Release Date: November 12, 2019 The November security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and...
  7. Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes November 2019 Security Updates Release Date: November 12, 2019 The November security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and...
  8. Will the Windows 10 November 2019 Update run on the Dell Inspiron 518 Desktop PCs whenever...

Will the Windows 10 November 2019 Update run on the Dell Inspiron 518 Desktop PCs whenever...: This is talking about if the Windows 10 November 2019 Update will run on the Dell Inspiron 518 Desktop PCs whenever it gets released or not, because the Windows 10 May 2019 Update can run on the Dell Inspiron 518 Desktop PCs today?...
  9. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain versions of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST). Microsoft says May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs may cause stability problems and it could also break the inbox storage...
  10. Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection: Today, I am using a X507U Asus Laptop with Windows 10. The WiFi connection was perfectly fine just hours ago but now I can't connect to my WiFi although other devices like my phone and another laptop is unaffected by this loss. As I try to do the device manager solution, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qcamainext10x-4-0-3-262-msx64_19fcb71525109fd2831d5a40944ded5663ec6af1.cab