Windows 10: November 2020 Windows 10 Update Black Screen and Flashing Taskbar.

Discus and support November 2020 Windows 10 Update Black Screen and Flashing Taskbar. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to update my PC to the newest update, but when I restarted my PC and loggined in, all I could see is Black Screen in the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dxfyomama, Nov 4, 2020.

1. dxfyomama Win User

November 2020 Windows 10 Update Black Screen and Flashing Taskbar.

I recently tried to update my PC to the newest update, but when I restarted my PC and loggined in, all I could see is Black Screen in the background and the taskbar flashing. I left it for 30 minutes before I decided that it must have been the update.

I learned how to unistall the update by holding shift and clicking restart, then troubleshooting which leads you to an option to uninstall the latest updates. After doing so, my PC was back to normal.

I would like to update my PC for security reasons but not if it makes my PC unusable.

Does anyone have a solution?

:)

dxfyomama, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Ed Turvey Win User

Black screen and flashing taskbar

Has anyone come up with a resolution for this problem.

Black screen and flashing taskbar.

Ed Turvey, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. November 2020 Windows 10 Update Black Screen and Flashing Taskbar. - Similar Threads - November 2020 Update

2. Black screen with flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with flashing taskbar: I just did a factory reset on my laptop because it was getting slow. I chose the option to delete all my files and to download windows from the cloud. Now whenever I try to login, there’s just a black screen with a flashing taskbar. I tried to do a safe start but the issue...
  3. Black screen with flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with flashing taskbar: I just did a factory reset on my laptop because it was getting slow. I chose the option to delete all my files and to download windows from the cloud. Now whenever I try to login, there’s just a black screen with a flashing taskbar. I tried to do a safe start but the issue...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on black screen and flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen and flashing taskbar: The issue is not persistent but whenever i update to a newer version of windows i need to go into safe mode and restart from there and it's a bit annoying is there a way to identify the cause of the problem and if so permanently fix it...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on black screen and flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen and flashing taskbar: The issue is not persistent but whenever i update to a newer version of windows i need to go into safe mode and restart from there and it's a bit annoying is there a way to identify the cause of the problem and if so permanently fix it...
  6. 2020 Windows 10 November taskbar update

in Windows 10 Customization
    2020 Windows 10 November taskbar update: In the new windows 10 November update, the shortcuts that I pinned from websites to the taskbar now show as apps, it has a line underneath it like it is an app but I just want it as a shortcut. How do I change this setting?...
  7. Black screen and flashing taskbar

Black screen and flashing taskbar: I have tried to see if anyone else had the same problem but the solutions dont work. I tried to open in safe mode but I cant even do it from the log in screen. I can access the start up menu but I dont know what to do from there....
  8. Screen and taskbar flashing black screen

Screen and taskbar flashing black screen: Hi there, I am having a problem which make my screen and taskbar flashing also loading cursor. Yesterday, i restarted the laptop Sony and this problem has happened from now. I have followed some instructions on Youtube and I realized that when I turn off Windows Error...
  9. Black screen and flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and flashing taskbar: I have this as soon as I login to the laptop ( Windows 10) Does anyone knows a fix for it? submitted by /u/AntDoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e16twj/black_screen_and_flashing_taskbar/
  10. Black screen and flashing taskbar

Black screen and flashing taskbar: Has anyone come up with a resolution for this problem. Black screen and flashing taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/black-screen-and-flashing-taskbar/700d6721-ed67-4ce2-8d77-4beb0935a596