Windows 10: November 30, 2020 Windows 10 update disabled my Wifi and Airplane Mode on my Dell Latitude...

Discus and support November 30, 2020 Windows 10 update disabled my Wifi and Airplane Mode on my Dell Latitude... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the 11-30-2020 Windows 10 update my wifi and airplane mode functions will not work on my Dell Latitude E5530. I've searched online for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KENSOURS, Jan 9, 2021.

1. KENSOURS Win User

November 30, 2020 Windows 10 update disabled my Wifi and Airplane Mode on my Dell Latitude...

After the 11-30-2020 Windows 10 update my wifi and airplane mode functions will not work on my Dell Latitude E5530. I've searched online for a solution and have tried everything.

I tried to uninstall the update but that option was not available.

I can connect to the internet via a LAN cable but not wifi.

There is no restore point prior to the update so I could not go that route.

When I select the wifi button in settings it turns on for two seconds then reverts back to off.

The airplane mode button is grayed out and you can't select it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

KENSOURS, Jan 9, 2021

2. Not able to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you try to turn off the Airplane mode?
    • When you say that "TRIED 3 DIFFERENT METHODS I FOUND ", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to performed for resolving the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then choose Settings,

3. Select Network & Internet.

4. Click on Airplane mode.

5. Then turn off Airplane mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with turning off airplane mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Palaver02 Win User
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit airplane mode on desktop

To anyone having problems with AIrplane mode randomly turning on on your desktop.

I tried checking for viruses, installed new network card drivers.
    Turned off power saving mode on network card.
    Disabled wifi and uninstalled wifi adapter.
    Edited registry and did the radioenable 0 step.

None of this worked

After 2 weeks this is how i solved it.

Uninstalled the following windows updates.

Hope this post helps someone. And Microsoft needs to get their crap together and get this fixed.

Palaver02, Jan 9, 2021
  4. November 30, 2020 Windows 10 update disabled my Wifi and Airplane Mode on my Dell Latitude...

How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

November 30, 2020 Windows 10 update disabled my Wifi and Airplane Mode on my Dell Latitude...

1. November 30, 2020 Windows 10 update disabled my Wifi and Airplane Mode on my Dell Latitude... - Similar Threads - November 2020 update

2. Having trouble with Windows 10 Dell Latitude E6540 laptop and AIRPLANE MODE being STUCK ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble with Windows 10 Dell Latitude E6540 laptop and AIRPLANE MODE being STUCK ON: Hi - trying to help my friend fix her laptop - her 10 year old was using it and afterword told her mom the WIFI wont work. When Mom looked at it she saw AIRPLANE MODE on. She tried turning it off - she tried running network troubleshooters....no luck. In comes ME.....* OH...
  3. Having trouble with Windows 10 Dell Latitude E6540 laptop and AIRPLANE MODE being STUCK ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble with Windows 10 Dell Latitude E6540 laptop and AIRPLANE MODE being STUCK ON: Hi - trying to help my friend fix her laptop - her 10 year old was using it and afterword told her mom the WIFI wont work. When Mom looked at it she saw AIRPLANE MODE on. She tried turning it off - she tried running network troubleshooters....no luck. In comes ME.....* OH...
  4. Having trouble with Windows 10 Dell Latitude E6540 laptop and AIRPLANE MODE being STUCK ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  6. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  7. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Airplane mode/wifi

Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!!

Airplane mode unable to be disabled, WIFI unable to be enabled!!!: My computer is in Airplane mode all the time. If i try to turn on Wi-Fi it does not work. If I go to Airplane mode, the toggle off option is grayed out. I tried to enable and disable, uninstall and re install the driver, I also updated it using Ethernet, I and change in...
  10. My Dell Latitude E6430s using windows 10 will not connect to WIFI because airplane mode...

My Dell Latitude E6430s using windows 10 will not connect to WIFI because airplane mode...: I cannot turn off airplane mode hence cannot connect to WIFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-dell-latitude-e6430s-using-windows-10-will-not/736da13c-80a1-4d11-a787-e35c4fe81d39