Windows 10: November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi.

Discus and support November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I'm experiencing a big issue where the November update would outright remove my laptop's ability to recognize wifi. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tossboy, Nov 21, 2019.

1. November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi.

Hello.

I'm experiencing a big issue where the November update would outright remove my laptop's ability to recognize wifi. I've tried disabling/enabling my driver. Uninstalling my driver. Uninstalling the update which makes it so I can't turn off my laptop cause it just automatically updates the moment I turn it back on. This is very detrimental to me since most of the work I have to do for university is online.

If possible I would prefer a solution that doesn't involve money at all.

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Tossboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tossboy, Nov 21, 2019
  2. mawil1013 Win User

I want to kill wifi

I have a laptop running on an older version of win 10 which allows me to run an old commercial software program.

So I don't want win10 sneaking an update in on me. I do not need wifi for any reason on this lap, I do not use Ethernet, I want to completely prevent this laptop from being able to access the internet in any way.

To keep this simple I want to kill this laptops ability to access internet!

PS: Win10 is disallowing me to delete the wifi account I had to set up to do a factory wipe and it refuses to keep it off, the connect automatically function turns itself back on. Anyway; rather then fight win10 on deleting a wifi account how do i simply kill win10 and it's insatiable desire to connect to the Internet!! Currently I have airplane mode on, unless win10 is sneaking around in the back ground!

mawil1013, Nov 21, 2019
  3. kasaz Win User
    Laptop not recognizing WIFI connections

Windows 10 updated 1/26/17 and now laptop is not recognizing wifi--ran troubleshooter and it can't find anything--the wifi option is not showing up in network in control panel

kasaz, Nov 21, 2019
  4. November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi.

I have lost my wifi ability. My device manager has no network adapter listed.

I have lost my wifi ability.

My device manager has no network adapter listed.

It seems I am not alone in this predicament (thanks Windows 10!).

Any suggestions gratefully received

jeffery_939, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi.

1. November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi. - Similar Threads - November update killing

2. Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi: Yesterday I updated to the latest version of 22H2, all went well, and the PC rebooted but would not connect to the Internet. It told me there was no internet access and no Networks. When I checked the system, it did not show any Wi-Fi available. I have now restored the...
  3. Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi: Yesterday I updated to the latest version of 22H2, all went well, and the PC rebooted but would not connect to the Internet. It told me there was no internet access and no Networks. When I checked the system, it did not show any Wi-Fi available. I have now restored the...
  4. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed: On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted...
  5. Windows update killed my laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  6. Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop: Hello- I am having trouble with windows 10, after this latest update I cannot connect to known wifi networks. I tried resetting network settings and restarting and this has only made it worse. Now the wifi tray that usually shows a list of networks look like this: [IMG] So...
  7. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  8. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  9. Windows 10 Update kills Laptop's ability to charge battery and run at all

Windows 10 Update kills Laptop's ability to charge battery and run at all: ASUS Laptop S400C ~5 years old Running Windows 10, version 1803 Hi all, I am experiencing debilitating power source issues following a Windows update. I know it's an update problem, as I've gone through other trouble shooting and have actually experienced this problem...
  10. An update killed wifi on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An update killed wifi on laptop: So one of my laptop's updated recently for Windows 10 and now wifi is not working at all. Troubleshooter has given the error "Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" on every connection I try. I've looked up what to do so i've tried all the typical netsh commands,...