Windows 10: November Update

Discus and support November Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well. I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up. Let's use our heads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LEScott, Nov 22, 2019.

1. LEScott Win User

November Update

Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well.

I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up.

Let's use our heads guys and don't mess with user settings you ARE NOT asked to mess with.

OK?

:)

LEScott, Nov 22, 2019

2. How to get november update

Hi Suman,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or code while try to check for updates?
    From the description provided, I understand that the Windows 10 is unable to download the latest updates for November.

Kindly follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue with the failed updates and then try again to check.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.
    Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Unable to find Windows 10 November update in Windows Update also Is Cortana available in India?

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologies for the delay in responding.

Windows 10 build 10586.3 is the major update released by Microsoft on November 12. All the users will automatically receive the update. However if you still haven't received the update it might be Windows update issue, I
    suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer
      and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    For reference: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Also Cortana is now officially available in India.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 22, 2019
  4. November Update

Windows 10 November update

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Since, you are using dual boot the November update might get installed on the previous version of the Insider Build 10567 due to the Operating system version partition is set to default. I would suggest you to go to the System configuration and check.

• Press Windows Key + R, type msconfig on the box and press
      enter.
    • Now click on the Boot tab and check which Operating system version is set to the default.
    If you want to update the 10240 July Release, follow the above steps and set as default Operating system and try updating it.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

November Update

1. November Update - Similar Threads - November Update

2. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...
  3. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...
  4. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  5. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  6. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge: I work in a financial institution and several applications require running from Internet Explorer, a few patches ago the same thing happened and what was applied was a temporary solution that allowed me to continue using Internet Explorer, however after installing that patch...
  7. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge: I work in a financial institution and several applications require running from Internet Explorer, a few patches ago the same thing happened and what was applied was a temporary solution that allowed me to continue using Internet Explorer, however after installing that patch...
  8. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?

Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?: I've been a windows user ever since Windows ME. I've had XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and 11.I'm very familiar with how this is supposed to work. An update downloads, and a little pop up message informs you that your PC needs to be restarted.Why is it, for the last three plus...
  10. Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?: I've been a windows user ever since Windows ME. I've had XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and 11.I'm very familiar with how this is supposed to work. An update downloads, and a little pop up message informs you that your PC needs to be restarted.Why is it, for the last three plus...