Windows 10: November Windows update has altered documents

Discus and support November Windows update has altered documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since installing the November Update, all my documents have changed to "read only" making it impossible to add anything to my documents and save. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GTKT, Dec 22, 2019.

1. GTKT Win User

November Windows update has altered documents

Since installing the November Update, all my documents have changed to "read only" making it impossible to add anything to my documents and save. How do I fix this issue?

:)

2. Unable to find Windows 10 November update in Windows Update also Is Cortana available in India?

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologies for the delay in responding.

Windows 10 build 10586.3 is the major update released by Microsoft on November 12. All the users will automatically receive the update. However if you still haven't received the update it might be Windows update issue, I
    suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer
      and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    For reference: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Also Cortana is now officially available in India.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 22, 2019
  3. April 2018 Update Removed Documents From Search Results

You could try the rebuild as 'Sumit Dhiman2' suggests, but is Documents listed in the Indexing locations, Control Panel - Indexing
    Options?

In mine the list shows:

• Documents
    • Downloads
    • Internet Explorer History
    • Music
    • Pictures
    • Start Menu
    • Users ( AppData excluded )
    • Videos
    • Windows 10
    And as far as I'm aware that's default. Well I've not manually altered it.

George222(2), Dec 22, 2019
  4. jmalais Win User

Altering the Documents Directory Changes the Folder Name

I set up my Documents folder location to use the D drive on my computer and now it is stuck with the folder name D:/ - however when I go into properties it says that it is Documents. How can I get it to change the folder name back to Documents?

Edit:
    Steps I took were...

1. RMB Documents (in sidebar under Quick Access)
    2. Location - Move/Change to D:/
    3. Save

Now by default any documents saved to the Documents folder will be saved to the drive D:/ (Documents) rather than in the C:/Users/

Here's a screenshot (on Windows 10).

November Windows update has altered documents 9w9wS.jpg

jmalais, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. November Windows update has altered documents - Similar Threads - November update has

2. Updates configuration altered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates configuration altered: Today downloaded and installed 2004 ver 19041-450 and seems ATM that all is well . Query previous 1909 > settings > update > allowed to stall updates for 7 days or more and further option (advanced) to delay feature updates for up to 365days from memory? Running win 10 pro 64...
  3. Windows 10 November update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 November update: I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable. I had to revert to the older Windows 10...
  4. November Update

November Update: Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well. I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up. Let's use our heads guys and don't mess with user settings you ARE NOT asked to mess with. OK?...
  5. windows 10 november update

windows 10 november update: Is the November Windows 10 update for the home edition too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-november-update/45232e5a-3805-44fd-ad49-5276f13dcd7f
  6. Windows 1093 Update - User name, personal documents altered/cloned

Windows 1093 Update - User name, personal documents altered/cloned: I completed the update to Win10 v 1093 at 4:53AM, after starting is at 9PM the night before (quick and easy, huh?). Well, now I have applications, games, programs, and files and documents that I couldn't use or locate. Turns out, this update cloned and renamed my username,...
  7. Windows 10 update has altered things

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update has altered things: The latest update today has removed my background picture. What else has it interfered with? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-update-has-altered-things/c1641910-d414-4cee-9301-ca2ee9c760a8
  8. Windows 10 update alters word

Windows 10 update alters word: An elderly acquaintance recently had a windows 10 update he could not avoid, which is ni impossible to prevent as there seems to be no choice attached. When it had finished its update his letters in his documents had changed from white to black and the text white like the...
  9. Has the November Update Been Removed Completely? Confused!

in Windows 10 Support
    Has the November Update Been Removed Completely? Confused!: Could someone explain what the status of these updates are currently? Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 Failed to install on 11/20/15 Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106246) Failed to install on 11/23/15 and about 7 times before that....
  10. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988