Windows 10: Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc

Discus and support Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the .iso fil for Windows 10 from the Microsoft site. I ran it through the likes of "Windows and Office Genuine Checker ISO Verifier"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnMc36, Mar 31, 2020.

1. JohnMc36 Win User

Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc

I downloaded the .iso fil for Windows 10 from the Microsoft site.

I ran it through the likes of

"Windows and Office Genuine Checker ISO Verifier"

which obviously tells me that this is a genuine as expected

But when xhecking the resultant burnt disk it tells me it is NOT GENUINE.

I am probably misunderstanding this but can someone help me out in laymans terms with what I am misunderstanding?

How does it not show as Not Genuine and should I worry?

:)

JohnMc36, Mar 31, 2020
  2. JohnMc36 Win User

I downloaded the .iso fil for Windows 10 from the Microsoft site.

I ran it through the likes of

"Windows and Office Genuine Checker ISO Verifier"

which obviously tells me that this is a genuine (as expected)

But when checking the resultant burnt disk, it tells me it is NOT GENUINE.

I am probably misunderstanding this but can someone help me out in laymans terms with what I am misunderstanding?

Why does it not show as Genuine and should I worry?

JohnMc36, Apr 1, 2020
  3. ltj22 Win User
    Clean install for Novices

Hi All,

Has anyone done a clean install of W10??. If so for all us novices, (we are all still learning) can you please tell us how you achieved this in detail please.. What is the first step. Do we need a freshly formatted disk, can it be a freshly formatted disk..What happens if you have the downloaded ISO do you just put this in the drive, there are lots of questions people new to W10 will want to know. So can we make this thread easy to follow so that novices can understand it.. I am about to clone a disk using USB cable connection I have only one drive bay in an all in one system..I will let you know how it goes and how it worked or not!!!..(I have ordered cable from Amazon not yet arrived and paid for delivery)

Thanks to all - Len

ltj22, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc - Similar Threads - Novice Checksum Questions

2. ExFAT Checksums Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ExFAT Checksums Question: Hi,According to the ExFAT filesystem specification https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/exfat-specification, ExFAT stores checksums of all files and directories in the filesystem. Is there any way to validate that for a given ExFAT filesystem, the stored...
  3. ExFAT Checksums Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ExFAT Checksums Question: Hi,According to the ExFAT filesystem specification https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/exfat-specification, ExFAT stores checksums of all files and directories in the filesystem. Is there any way to validate that for a given ExFAT filesystem, the stored...
  4. ExFAT Checksums Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerShell novice general questions

PowerShell novice general questions: I wrote my first DOS bat file in 1988 and when PowerShell arrived I largely ignored it. Now circumstances have contrived to entice me into exploring its utility. Having now written a small script it is obvious PowerShell is much more than simply a turbocharged DOS CMD prompt...
  6. Novice question on MBR/Legacy installation System Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Novice question on MBR/Legacy installation System Partition: Novice question on MBR/Legacy installation System Partition Greetings. Recently did a fresh installation on an ancient MBR/Legacy machine using the latest 1909 ISO. The process created a 579 MB System Partition consisting of two folders, Boot and Recovery, among other...
  7. Novice question on MS Store issues

Novice question on MS Store issues: Greetings. New w10 user requests assistance with Microsoft Store update issues on new 1803.319 installation: 1. Things were going well for first few days until updates ran into error messages like 0x80D03805 & 0x8024001E. What to do? 2. How can one remove unneeded apps...
  8. Novice question on cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Novice question on cumulative updates: Greetings. Since the release of windows 10 version 1803, 8 cumulative updates have been released. In order to bring newly installed os up to date, is it necessary to apply all 8 of them? Or would the latest 191 update be sufficient? Thank you very much in advance for...
  9. Novice question on cumulative updates

Novice question on cumulative updates: Greetings. Since the release of windows 10 version 1803, 8 cumulative updates have been released. In order to bring newly installed os up to date, is it necessary to apply all 8 of them? Or would the latest 191 update be sufficient? Thank you very much in advance for...
  10. Clean install for Novices

Clean install for Novices: Hi All, Has anyone done a clean install of W10??. If so for all us novices, (we are all still learning) can you please tell us how you achieved this in detail please.. What is the first step. Do we need a freshly formatted disk, can it be a freshly formatted disk..What...