Windows 10: novice needs help

Discus and support novice needs help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago, for the first time, started to get the blue screen, video scheduling error. I updated driver was ok for a day, then blue screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnGregory4, Dec 31, 2018.

1. novice needs help

A couple weeks ago, for the first time, started to get the blue screen, video scheduling error. I updated driver was ok for a day, then blue screen, restart, restart. Yesterday, everything just stopped. Was this an update for windows 10 that went bad? I never had problems before with the computer, kept security updated, etc...

Not sure what to do.

:)

JohnGregory4, Dec 31, 2018
  2. fifiems Win User

Help a novice with nokia 5300 music player!!

Can anyone help, i'm a complete techno novice. I got a nokia 5300 as a present and am trying to put music onto it, only I have a Mac and am unable to use the xpressmusic software. Any solutions, would be really grateful for a step by step guide. Thanks.

fifiems, Dec 31, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 31, 2018
  4. novice needs help

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

novice needs help

1. novice needs help - Similar Threads - novice needs help

2. I'm a novice at all this and my computer just stopped working I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm a novice at all this and my computer just stopped working I need help: The type of the file system is NTFS.Volume label is Recovery.NARNINGI /F parameter not specified.Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure256 file records processed.File verification completed.Phase duration File record verification: 5.09...
  3. I'm a novice at all this and my computer just stopped working I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm a novice at all this and my computer just stopped working I need help: The type of the file system is NTFS.Volume label is Recovery.NARNINGI /F parameter not specified.Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure256 file records processed.File verification completed.Phase duration File record verification: 5.09...
  4. I'm a novice at all this and my computer just stopped working I need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice: I have a Toshiba laptop that is more than 10 years old, possibly more than 15 as I forgot exactly when I got it, that has Win 7 on it. I'm getting ready to donate it to the local DAV chapter, which my dad is part of, and figured I'd try and install the Win 10 upgrade on it...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice: I have a Toshiba laptop that is more than 10 years old, possibly more than 15 as I forgot exactly when I got it, that has Win 7 on it. I'm getting ready to donate it to the local DAV chapter, which my dad is part of, and figured I'd try and install the Win 10 upgrade on it...
  7. BSOD computer novice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD computer novice: Hi all! I opened my personal computer this week to find the elusive BSOD. I am not a computer person and eventually got through to safe mode and the computer is happily on its home screen. How can I exit safe mode and ideally not have another encounter with the death screen....
  8. Need help please - total IT novice

Need help please - total IT novice: Lenovo ideapad has following issue The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system. File:\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098 Is it possible to fix without taking to an expert? Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 update failed help BTW: Novice here

Windows 10 update failed help BTW: Novice here: I have been waiting for my windows 10 update on my toshiba laptop that is just a year old. It has windows 7 with 64 bits on it. I saw where downloading it to this laptop has failed multiple times. So I created a usb download. I am afraid now to even attempt to download...
  10. Clean install for Novices

Clean install for Novices: Hi All, Has anyone done a clean install of W10??. If so for all us novices, (we are all still learning) can you please tell us how you achieved this in detail please.. What is the first step. Do we need a freshly formatted disk, can it be a freshly formatted disk..What...