Windows 10: Now check which devices are accessing your Google Account

Discus and support Now check which devices are accessing your Google Account in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google has rolled out a new security feature that lets you to view your account access history for the past 28 days, called Devices and Activity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Now check which devices are accessing your Google Account

Read more...

:)

Brink, Nov 25, 2014
  2. sealionact Win User

Need to backup my Contacts from phone as i am not using my own windows live id. How can i do this?

So where are your contacts now? Windows Live? On the device? If they are on the new device and you don't have the password for the primary account (Windows Live), then I think you are kinda screwed, but I think you can open a Google account on your phone
    and then sync the contacts to that acount. Check the contacts are there (and remove any unwanted from the previous owner) then export them into your Windows Live account, reset the phone with the new Live account as the primary account which will sync into
    your device.

Unless i'm missing something?

sealionact, Nov 25, 2014
  3. hpholm Win User
    YAHOO MAIL ON NOKIA E6 - PLS HELP!

Mailservers are under constant attacks from vandals, so they put in extra security measures i.e. by checking IP addresses and devices used to access the mailbox. On top of that, Google have prompted you to enable extra security on the account earlier, could
    be a long time ago, probably in the webmail on a computer - and this extra security is now blocking access from the phone, since the built-in mail software on the phone can not handle the extra verification steps required.

This extra security can be disabled again by following the link in the mail from the Google account team

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

and adjust the security settings back to something the phone hopefully can handle.

Also Google - Apps - in the phone browser - still has a selection of apps and web access to Google services for Symbian phones. I don't have a Google account so I can't check if everything still works.

Please let us know if you get it sorted out.

--

Hans

hpholm, Nov 25, 2014
  4. paulsalter Win User

Thanks

For me it needs to be a bit more specific, it is only useful is someone gets into my account outside the UK, if someone in the UK hacks in I wouldn't be able to tell

paulsalter, Nov 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Now check which devices are accessing your Google Account - Similar Threads - check devices are

2. Microsoft Apps is now Your Phone Companion in Google Play Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Apps is now Your Phone Companion in Google Play Store: Microsoft announced below that the Microsoft Apps on Android is getting rebranded as Your Phone Companion app in the release of the Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18237 to the Skip Ahead ring. This week, we are bringing our apps closer together – Your Phone app on PC now...
  3. accessing google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accessing google: How come I get a TLS Security Setting error message when I attemp to log on to Google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/accessing-google/f5ac823d-f2f3-4223-9575-c201bbd73c04
  4. SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when accessing Google

in Windows 10 Support
    SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when accessing Google: All of a sudden, I get this message when trying to access Google: Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG This happens when I try to access the advanced search page directly. It never used to happen until yesterday. I took the big spring Windows update 2 days ago, and...
  5. Google account for Utube

in Browsers and Email
    Google account for Utube: Whilst using the Edge browser and Bing is it possible to open a Google account to sign into Utube? 93093
  6. How to check your activation....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to check your activation....: Open an elevated command prompt (type "command" in search, the top result should be command prompt, right click and "run as administrator"). Type slmgr /xpr The result will tell you if you are activated, what version of the OS is activated, and how long the activation...
  7. Backup fails with "check your backup"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup fails with "check your backup": Surface 3 128GB with 128GB microSD card External empty 3TB WD hard drive formatted as NTFS Configured backup to backup both the internal SSD and the microSD card, total used about 100GB. Backup repeatedly fails with: Check your backup The last backup did not complete...
  8. Blue Box says we cannot access your account.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Box says we cannot access your account.: Switched on computer weeks ago. Cortana/Edge installed without permission. Blue Box saying we cannot access account. File folders for Office 10 empty. Note saying laptop reset to Edge!!!. Apps gone. Unable to use Office and warned files would not be saved. No saved passwords,...
  9. Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app

in Windows 10 News
    Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app: OneNote for Windows already offers the ability to add passwords to individual sections of your notebooks for increased security—but what if you want to access those sections using OneNote’s Windows Store app on your favorite device? Today, we’re excited to announce that the...
  10. Find out if your Google account has been hacked

in Windows 10 News
    Find out if your Google account has been hacked: The Gooligan malware attack targeting Android devices has infected more than a million Google accounts and growing by 13,000 new users a day. It affects devices running Android 4 (Jelly Bean, KitKat) and Android 5 (Lollipop), according to Check Point. Gooligan spreads via...