Windows 10: Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.

Discus and support Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have posted previously reference to this problem but help has dried up. I have wired connection to router with this computer. I am sure it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Silver Rob, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.

Hi, I have posted previously reference to this problem but help has dried up. I have wired connection to router with this computer.

I am sure it is not the router as my Laptop and my wife's Tablet connect (by wireless) faultlessly.

My problem, Windows Update, Edge and other windows apps unable to connect to internet.

I have eliminated My internet security (Norton 360) with their support teams help.

I have contacted my internet provider and they could not help other than confirm my connection and system were all OK.

I have used Windows reset which has not cured problem.

I can open and connect with IE (this is how I am able to post this problem).

I tried to contact Windows support (with IE) but for some reason it comes back no Internet Connection when trying to connect to them.

Troubleshooter diagnoses; "Windows unable to detect proxy settings".

I have followed all suggestions and I have checked SFC scan, DISM Scan, reset TCP/IP restarted (more than once) Network adaptor.

My drivers are up to date.

So please can anyone help.

Thank you for even reading this far.

Rob.

:)

Silver Rob, Oct 30, 2019

2. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Recently, I have noticed a small caution triangle appearing with my network icon on the task bar. When I right click and troubleshoot, it comes with this message. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. I have tried the
    suggested solutions I found in Microsoft answers but the issue still exists .

Method 1: Check for proxy server settings.

1. Press Windows key + R to open Run Command. Type "inetcpl.cpl" and press Enter.

2. In Internet Options Window, go toConnections tab.

3. Click on LAN Settings.

4. Do the following steps:

• Uncheck the box Use Proxy Server for your LAN.
    • Check the box Automatically Detect settings.
    Method 2: Type the following command.

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin) to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type the following command.
    • Type netsh winsock reset and click Enter.
    • Type netsh int ipv4 resetand click Enter.

Jonathansuresh, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    windows 10 can not detect proxy settings

Hi Sophia,

It is possible that there is an issue with the settings of your proxy server. Kindly check the proxy settings to verify if it is correct. To access the proxy setting, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, choose Proxy.
    • On the right pane, under Manual proxy setup, check if the data inside the
      Address and Port are correct. Also, make sure that
      Use a proxy server is enabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.

proxy server settings

afternoon all,

i have recently put a lot of effort in to setting up a media server. i'm getting a big issue with windows being stupid and trying to use my proxy server on local addresses even though i told it not to.

this is infuriating because it overloads my proxy server and interferes with the steaming from my media box. if i disable the proxy settings in windows it streams fine. but then i'm obviously not using my caching for the interwebs.

there must be a simple fix that i'm overlooking but i just cant find the solution

many thanks

randomaussieguy, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.

1. Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings. - Similar Threads - Desperate Solution cannot

2. Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.: Problem with auto detecting proxy server by win. 8.1 internet conn. is working but says router is limited , also Ethernet is limited. On setting everything is ok. Option automatically detect proxy setting is ON. Shutting off router didn't help. What can I do more? Something...
  3. Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.: Problem with auto detecting proxy server by win. 8.1 internet conn. is working but says router is limited , also Ethernet is limited. On setting everything is ok. Option automatically detect proxy setting is ON. Shutting off router didn't help. What can I do more? Something...
  4. Windows could not automatically detect the network’s proxy server settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not automatically detect the network’s proxy server settings: About the time of the last Windows 10 update, my PC lost its reliable WiFi connectivity to the internet. Troubleshooting yielded the error message in the title of this post. Researching the "try this" approaches to fix the problem, I have completed the following:...
  5. Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings: I cannot connect to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-connection-error-message-windows-cannot/d1982cbb-2ee3-4451-8c34-a56a984dc4e9
  6. Proxy Server Settings

Proxy Server Settings: My desktop always logs in linked to the proxy server http=127.0.0.1:7070;https=127.0.0.1:7070. I have tried everything I know including registry changes to stop this. Any ideas how I can prevent it happening?...
  7. Update Problem -> Certificate Issue - Cannot Detect Proxy Settings

Update Problem -> Certificate Issue - Cannot Detect Proxy Settings: DELL Precision 7520 laptop running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803, build 17134.556) 64-bit. CPU is intel Core i7; GPU is Intel HD Graphics 630 & NVIDIA Quadro M1200. Both WiFi & Ethernet. Latest updates installed are: KB4023057 (failed several times); KB4462157. Problem is...
  8. windows cannot detect this servers proxy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot detect this servers proxy settings: ive tried everything and nothing seems to work,is there a program that causes this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-cannot-detect-this-servers-proxy-settings/cca94017-707b-4302-8b58-69d1add43acf
  9. Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings: I have had this problem and it been ongoing and truly problematic. I attended programming college and this problem will turn your download speed from 300kb/sec to 30kb/sec and you will wonder what is going on. I have troubleshooted this for months and this seems to be the...
  10. proxy server settings

proxy server settings: afternoon all, i have recently put a lot of effort in to setting up a media server. i'm getting a big issue with windows being stupid and trying to use my proxy server on local addresses even though i told it not to. this is infuriating because it overloads my proxy...