Windows 10: Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android

Discus and support Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a network location shortcut which directs to my Android mobile phone using FTP. I used to be able to start the FTP server on my phone and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THX1138, Jun 20, 2019.

1. THX1138 Win User

Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android

I have a network location shortcut which directs to my Android mobile phone using FTP. I used to be able to start the FTP server on my phone and then click on that shortcut to access the file system on my phone. Now when I click on this shortcut I get an error about an incorrectly configured FTP proxy. This started happening after a recent Windows update but I don't know for sure that this is the cause.

I've tried this with the ES File Explorer app (now uninstalled because I read it's become sketchy) and the Amaze file explorer app. The error appears regardless whether the FTP server is even started on the phone. Clicking OK opens the MS App store for FTP programs but I just wanted to use Windows File Explorer to browse the folders like I used to.

Does anyone know how I can fix this or get around it using an entirely different approach to access files on an Android device over the local network?

Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Jun 20, 2019

2. FTP security issues using Internet Explorer and File Explorer Connections

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which version of Internet Explorer?
    • Which FTP site are you trying to open?

This issue can be caused, when you try to access the FTP site from behind a Web proxy firewall such as the Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server firewall.

If you are using Internet Explorer to access the FTP site, I would suggest you check the Internet Explorer FTP client settings.

How to change the Internet Explorer FTP Client mode

• Start Internet Explorer.
    • Press the Alt key and On the Tools menu, click
      Internet Options
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Browsing, click the Enable folder view for FTP sites check box.
    • Click OK.
    • Close Internet Explorer.
    Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Clement Win User
    Can't access FTP any linux server

Filezilla by default AFAIK will auto negotiate the transfer mode. You will only have to change this if the default is not successful at getting an answer from the ftp server. If you wish to setup passive mode later on your ftp server, your iptables config file will have to be updated further. Lets get it up and running first and we'll move to that after the server is able to take requests from your network.

Please post your ftp servers config files and IPtables config file (usually /etc/sysconfig/iptables) here please.

Clement, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android

Proxy settings are getting enabled automatically

We would suggest you to reset Windows store cache. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window.
    • Type the following command in run and press Enter
    Command: wsreset.exe

If it does not help, try disabling proxy. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys, type inetcpl.cpl in run window and press Enter.
    • Click connections tab and then click LAN settings.
    • Click to uncheck "Use proxy server for your LAN" box.
    • Click ok, apply and ok.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android

1. Now getting FTP proxy warning error when trying to access Android - Similar Threads - getting FTP proxy

2. Getting a Cannot Connect Issue when trying to access a shared folder via android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Cannot Connect Issue when trying to access a shared folder via android: Hi there,I've created a shared folder, done the Properties>sharing>share with everyone steps.I go to the My Files app on my phone, it finds the IP, the port, and I go to connect using my windows username and password but it says it can't connect.I'm not sure exactly what's...
  3. Getting a Cannot Connect Issue when trying to access a shared folder via android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Cannot Connect Issue when trying to access a shared folder via android: Hi there,I've created a shared folder, done the Properties>sharing>share with everyone steps.I go to the My Files app on my phone, it finds the IP, the port, and I go to connect using my windows username and password but it says it can't connect.I'm not sure exactly what's...
  4. Error when trying to access Android files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to access Android files: When connecting my android phone, I always get "The specified path does not exist" error when trying to access the files.What's even weirder is, that I'm able to access the files via the left panel. And they do open. But only with the left panel - When I click on a folder in...
  5. Error when trying to access Android files

Error when trying to access Android files: When connecting my android phone, I always get "The specified path does not exist" error when trying to access the files.What's even weirder is, that I'm able to access the files via the left panel. And they do open. But only with the left panel - When I click on a folder in...
  6. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  7. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  8. FTP Access IIS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP Access IIS: Hi I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could...
  9. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  10. FTP accessibility

in Browsers and Email
    FTP accessibility: Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers? 83588

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ftp proxy warning

2. ftp proxy warning the folder is read-only

3. android proxy and ftp problem

4. ftp folder is read-only because the proxy server,
  5. ftp proxy warning explorer windows 10,
  6. fttp proxy warning