Windows 10: Now i dont have the scan for hardware changes

Discus and support Now i dont have the scan for hardware changes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am desperately trying to get my camera back. first it came up with a error message. so I came here and someone said to uninstall the camera and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LauraY1, Nov 23, 2018.

1. LauraY1 Win User

Now i dont have the scan for hardware changes

I am desperately trying to get my camera back. first it came up with a error message. so I came here and someone said to uninstall the camera and restart the computer. I did that and now I cant find the camera icon in device manager. I came back here and asked again. I pretty much got the same reply but they said to go to action and "scan for hardware changes" I don't have that option and now im lost again. I don't get it because other than my firewall which ive since removed I have made zero changes to my computer and my camera was working 2 months ago and now its not. I don't know if there is an automatic update that I don't know about. but I went through the steps if it was updated and still nothing. it said if all else fails call the company that the camera belongs to, but I uninstalled so how am I supposed to know the name of it ?

:)

LauraY1, Nov 23, 2018

2. Must scan device after each startup

I installed a dual serial port card in a PCIe slot in my Acer i7 desktop, Win 10 Home. It works until the computer is restarted, then device manager lists the ports as hidden and says they are not physically connected. If I right click the device and scan for hardware changes, they will work until the next time the machine is shut down and restarted. The manufacturer suggests putting them in a different slot, but that is not helpful as there is only one PCIe slot. Can anyone suggest a way of fixing this or, alternately, is rhere a way to force windows to scan devices for hardware changes at each startup? Thanks for any help.

modernhistorian, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Stuck on "Scan for Hardware Changes"

I was having problems with my wireless network adapter so I uninstalled it on the device manager. Then, I made the Device Manager "Scan for Hardware Changes" so that the network adapter would be installed again, but
    every time I tried to scan for the hardware change, the scanning never ended. I forced closed the device manager and tried again but the same thing happened. Every time I pressed "Scan for Hardware Changes" it got stuck saying "scanning plug and play compliant
    hardware". I need help fixing this problem because right now I can only have wifi by connecting my computer directly to the router with a cable because I was not able to reinstall the wireless network adapter.

DavidJarufe, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Now i dont have the scan for hardware changes - Similar Threads - dont scan hardware

2. "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem: I wanted to search Device Manger for a driver so I clicked on the icon with a magnifying-glass that is actually the button for the tool "Scan for hardware changes". The app then opened a small window that said something like "searching for plug-ins", or "searching for...
  3. I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.: I went on settings>display>graphics>change default graphics setting. After all of this all I had was optimization for windows game option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-option-to-turn-on-or-off-hardware/534e3c89-a9cf-4089-80fd-c8c4d7a07e69
  4. I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.

I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.: I went on settings>display>graphics>change default graphics setting. After all of this all I had was optimization for windows game option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-option-to-turn-on-or-off-hardware/534e3c89-a9cf-4089-80fd-c8c4d7a07e69
  5. Why I dont have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I dont have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling: HiI have RX 6800 XT and driver updated but I dont see this option Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling why is that ? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-dont-have-hardware-accelerated-gpu/952a2520-8664-43a1-ae96-b48eec416830
  6. Why I dont have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

Why I dont have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling: HiI have RX 6800 XT and driver updated but I dont see this option Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling why is that ? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-dont-have-hardware-accelerated-gpu/952a2520-8664-43a1-ae96-b48eec416830
  7. Scan for hardware changes causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scan for hardware changes causes BSOD: Hello out there. This has been raised before and in other similar posts as well. Recently my computer updated the Logitech G Hub as I have a G29 wheel that I sue for iracing. Each time it installed I got the BSOD and thought must be this program but looking further and doping...
  8. Scan for Hardware Changes Missing on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan for Hardware Changes Missing on Device Manager: I have four different PCs - Windows 10 Pro, updated to the most recent updates - that are missing Scan for Hardware Changes in Device Manager. The four are of completely different hardware configurations. In the past, I have been able to open Device Manager - Go to the...
  9. Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?: Since the first time I saw it in Windows (can't remember which version), long ago, I never had anything I could see as a result of clicking on the "Scan for hardware changes" option in the Device Manager. What does it do exactly and is there any kind of file it generates?...
  10. I changed my hardware and now i dont have a licens key for windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I changed my hardware and now i dont have a licens key for windows: I changed my motherboard and my CPU in this PC and i had a digital license key attached to my Microsoft account, but now I've logged in with that account but it says that my windows is not activated. Can I get help please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scan for hardware changes windows 10

2. device manager scan for hardware changes

3. scan for hardware changes cant see

4. scan for hardware changes 10,
  5. scan on hardware changes