Windows 10: Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even...

Discus and support Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Longshoez [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Longshoez, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even...

/u/Longshoez, Jul 18, 2020
  2. GoatMan60 Win User

i cant open the start menu in windows 10

Been there. Done that. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Start button still does not work.

In fact I have not lost the ability to personalize my start menu (file explorer has now gone missing from start menu). This happened after the Powershell step.

GoatMan60, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Dims Win User
    Start Menu is broken after installing Windows 10

After installing Windows 10, my Start Menu got totally broken.

Most of the programs and absent in it now. They can't be found neither by search, nor by step-by-step navigation.

Some of programs are substituted for another versions.

Simultaneously, the Start Menu folder is Ok in filesystem.

So my entire Start Menu is useless now.

To run any program, I am opening Far Manager (file manager), opening Start Menu folder in it and doing search for appropriate *.lnk file.

I.e. I am doing by hand what Windows should do with it's Start Menu feature.

*.lnk files are working fine.

Various aspects of the problem were discussed in questions:

Where are ALL locations of Start Menu folders in Windows 10?

How to fix / refresh start menu in Windows 10? How to add / remove / edit items in bulk?

Can't find applications anymore in Windows 10

So, please don't suggest primitive solutions, covered there?

4. Darknova Win User

Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even...

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even...

1. Now it's totally useless (the start menu) , i cant open anything from the start menu, even... - Similar Threads - totally useless start

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. cant even open my files and settings and start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant even open my files and settings and start menu: from like 8 months I cant even update to 20h2,and cant even open my files , and cant even open start menu, search bar , settingsI don't know what happened to my laptop.I tried to fix by running sfc command and it shows this error: "Windows Resource Protection could not start...
  5. I cant open anything from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant open anything from the start menu: I dont know what exactly I did but I cant open anything from the start menu. Control Panel gives me a weird error saying no mapping between account names and security ids was done. half of the "fixes" i found told me to open settings but i cant open those either. others said...
  6. Can’t open anything in Windows 10 not even start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t open anything in Windows 10 not even start menu: All of a sudden today I am unable to open anything on my windows 10 desktop. I am unable to even open the start menu. When I hit any key or attempt any function I get a spinning circle on my screen; these search bar at that time disappears. I attempted to restore my...
  7. Start menu and settings now opening

Start menu and settings now opening: My windows 10 settings will not open. It will just close and my start menu will not open. It will ask me to sign out. I had this problem before, but not at the same time....
  8. Start menu thumbnails - useless

Start menu thumbnails - useless: As I recall, when I floated the mouse pointer over a task bar icon in Windows 7 it displayed a fairly complete version of the names of the files the application was editing. In Windows 10 it displays a a thumbnail of the application's window below a truncated filename....
  9. BSOD "Pen_List_Corrupt..restarted now cant open start menue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "Pen_List_Corrupt..restarted now cant open start menue: a few days ago I got BSOD with the above message, it shut down and restarted but now cant access start menue. recently did a DISM cleanup-image/ restart health and it "completed successfully". follwed with a sfc /scannnow and that "did not find any integrity violations"....
  10. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...