Windows 10: now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer

Discus and support now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Free cat to whoever helps me. My cat has yet again "fluffed up" my laptop except now I'm 10 times more mad because now my keyboard is disabled and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/44dedsca, Nov 2, 2019.

1. now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer

Free cat to whoever helps me. My cat has yet again "fluffed up" my laptop except now I'm 10 times more mad because now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer to use it. Alpha-numeric is totally bautched, but at least the enter key and mouse work. Can you hear the eye roll and utter frustration with my feline?

submitted by /u/44dedsca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/44dedsca, Nov 2, 2019

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Keyboard disabled

Yes to all of your suggestions and more. I found the keyboard was not disabled. For some reason, maybe during a Windows update, keyboard settings got changed. Under SETTINGS> EASE OF ACCESS> KEYBOARD> FILTER KEYS there is an ENABLE SLOW KEYS setting.
    It was set to 1.0 or 1.4 seconds so that it seemed like the keyboard was disabled when normally typing. If you are having this problem, a quick test is to hold the key down for 2 seconds and see if the character appears on the screen. I don't know why the
    change. I've this computer and Windows 10 for years. The other thing that changed is I now have to sign in with Microsoft Account before using my computer. I haven't found a way to have a blank sign in or skip this step.

Robert_Lassiter, Nov 28, 2019
  4. now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer

Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer

1. now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer - Similar Threads - keyboard disabled can't

2. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into my computer: Hello, guys. Last night l updated my windows 11 to a new cumulative udate and when I restarted it, it logged in nicely, but my windows defender wasn't opening, so I restarted it again to resolve the issue, but now it was refusing to sign in and not doing anything when I...
  3. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign into my computer: Hello, guys. Last night l updated my windows 11 to a new cumulative udate and when I restarted it, it logged in nicely, but my windows defender wasn't opening, so I restarted it again to resolve the issue, but now it was refusing to sign in and not doing anything when I...
  4. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into my computer: Im trying to login into my computer and when I enter my password or PIN it says preparing Windows for a long while. Then comes to the home screen as if it signed me in but says "We cant sign into your account ". I have restarted computer multiple times and whats weird is that...
  5. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign into my computer: Im trying to login into my computer and when I enter my password or PIN it says preparing Windows for a long while. Then comes to the home screen as if it signed me in but says "We cant sign into your account ". I have restarted computer multiple times and whats weird is that...
  6. I can't sign into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Can't sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign in to my computer: Hi, I need some help because I can't sign on to my computer. I've been having problems using my computer for about a week. I tried to do a system restore and that didn't work. I tried to reset to factory and that didn't work. Every time I tried something, the situation...
  8. I can't sign in on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't sign in on my computer: Hello, i decided to wipe my hard drive clean yesterday since i was really running out of space. The problem is though that after it was done, im greeted with a "Other User" sign in option and none of my passwords or username works. I still have access to my Microsoft account...
  9. I forgot my main user password and now i can't sign in my computer

I forgot my main user password and now i can't sign in my computer: Hello, i have a problem with my computer, and i wish someone may take time helping me. Thanks a lot sorry i'm not main at English Ok, i have changed my password for 4 days and i have to leave. So when i comeback i forget my user password. So i search for a helpful vids on...
  10. Can't sign in to my computer.

Can't sign in to my computer.: Hello everyone, I can't sign in to my computer. When I start it in normal mode, it gets stuck like in the picture below. I can't enter my password and there is no internet access. I use ethernet to connect to the Internet. Keyboard and mouse are working fine.[IMG] Tried to...