Windows 10: Now my pc has taken to saying it can't find something at boot

Discus and support Now my pc has taken to saying it can't find something at boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; oh the joys of beeing a windows user LOL so about every other reboot or so it stops with a blue screen with your system needs repaired , and something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

Now my pc has taken to saying it can't find something at boot

oh the joys of beeing a windows user LOL so about every other reboot or so it stops with a blue screen with your system needs repaired , and something about it can't find something it needs at boot. same thing i can turn pc off and reboot just find, any ideas on what to look for in what it can't find i have no clue. Nothing has been removed from the system at all. I went in as i remembered i changed the boot order the other day, so i went in and loaded bios defaults. Now i the dumb MSI full screen splash screen back i hate that and can't remember how to remove it as its ugly as heck. Any ideas on how to find out what the system is looking for??.

Additional info all i did was upgrade my video card from a old gtx 760ti to this gtx 970 reference card. and oh and changed the boot order a while back to boot from a cd other then that nothing. the other thread i had was different it just was a repair boot loop now its this very wired i ran pc tools diagnostics and mainboard checks ok, gtx 970 checks a ok all test fine.

Exact message your pc needs to be repaired a required device isn't connected

:)

Tonyb, Feb 28, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Feb 28, 2020
  3. PC won't boot up suddenly

I was hoping that by now someone on this forum could recommend some steps i can take to repair my desktop pc. I outlined the problem and steps i have taken so far. I still havent found the reason for the problem or figured out a solution. I guess no one can offer me any additional suggestions to help. Thanks anyway.

bearcatjer, Feb 28, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Now my pc has taken to saying it can't find something at boot - Similar Threads - has taken saying

2. Update failed and now PC can't find drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update failed and now PC can't find drive: Help! The most recent update failed to install and now my computer can't find my D: drive. It doesn't even show up in Disk Management. When I open Disk Management it says I need to initialize a disk but neither method works. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. PC shut itself down, came back saying it can't find boot files, can't access anything...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shut itself down, came back saying it can't find boot files, can't access anything...: My pc randomly shut itself off and came back with error 0xc000025 and the bios screen saying it can't find boot files. It successfully booted one more time after a few restarts before doing it again. I can't seem to access anything but the error screen, which just gives me a...
  4. DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage

DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage: Posted earlier about how DWM has decided to eat my pc from the inside out. I can't do any simple task anymore without it interfering and slowing everything down. Windows up to date, GPU drivers up to date, no malware, fresh install of windows as well. I conclude that...
  5. My pc has frequent BSOD and I can't find the casue.

My pc has frequent BSOD and I can't find the casue.: For the past month my pc has experienced random BSOD that occur no matter what I am doing (gaming, streaming tv). The pc is about 4 months old and this issue has seemingly came out of nowhere. I have received stop codes such as: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DRIVER OVERRAN STACK...
  6. Something has been altering my PC for years, and now I can't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Something has been altering my PC for years, and now I can't activate.: Hi, Folks! I have mostly read this forum before this, as many related sites too. That is, because somewhere around 2015-2016 started symptoms, which did not go anymore as "bugs" or something like that anymore. I must mention that I am very experienced with computers and I...
  7. How to find which app has taken my F10 and F11 keys

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find which app has taken my F10 and F11 keys: I'm using VS 2019. Most of the time the F10 and F11 keys work (for debugging). But now they do not. Changed keyboards, same issue. Rebooted, same issue.Where would I look to see what is taking control of these keys?Ron 138495
  8. Cryptominer or something has taken over my windows server&more

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cryptominer or something has taken over my windows server&more: I have found endless traces of a cryptominer or something similar...I have been in a constant battle with keeping my pc going bc someone that is extremely educated in many areas that are tech related, has been targeting me for whatever reason... I have reset my router,...
  9. Cryptominer or something has taken over my windows server&more

in Windows 10 Support
    Cryptominer or something has taken over my windows server&more: I have found endless traces of a cryptominer or something similar...I have been in a constant battle with keeping my pc going bc someone that is extremely educated in many areas that are tech related, has been targeting me for whatever reason... I have reset my router,...
  10. My computer says their is no end it can't find it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer says their is no end it can't find it: My computer says it can't find my dns. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-their-is-no-end-it-cant-find-it/49865aab-21a2-4206-89bd-629dc988e07a