Windows 10: Now running Windows 10 v20H2

Discus and support Now running Windows 10 v20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Just an update to my earlier posts... Even though I had used the Windows show/hide program to stop my 4 year old HP Envy notebook updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stuarttunstall, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Now running Windows 10 v20H2

Hi all

Just an update to my earlier posts...

Even though I had used the Windows show/hide program to stop my 4 year old HP Envy notebook updating for some reason it started the update tonight... *Sad panic set in!

The first time I tried this both to v2004 and v20H2 the update took about 6 hours to do... and then I had big issues with boot up and shut down times, so both times i went back to v1909

About a month ago I upgraded to an SSD from the original HDD and always thought I really need to update so although I was in full panic I let it do it and had my Macrium back up just in case...

First thing.. it took about 45 mins to upgrade from v1909 to v20H2...

Second thing and I have only tried once so far, start up from pressing the power button to a useable desktop was 35 seconds and shut down about 25 seconds, about 5 seconds longer than v1909 ....so it looks like the new SSD has made a big difference or the issues have been fixed by Microsoft... guess I will never know.. but I will see how it goes..

When I did it last time with the HDD it was taking up to 5-8 mins to start up and similar to shut down ....

Now running Windows 10 v20H2 [​IMG]

One question...

When I updated before in the Windows update page it gave the option to install additional drivers... this is not shown now, will it appear when it checks for updates next... all I see now is

Now running Windows 10 v20H2 [​IMG]

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Now running Windows 10 v20H2

Delta6326, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Now running Windows 10 v20H2

1. Now running Windows 10 v20H2 - Similar Threads - running v20H2

2. Hello I'm Running a Gigabyte B450 Auros Motherboard and I want to upgrade my GPU? any help...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hello I'm Running a Gigabyte B450 Auros Motherboard and I want to upgrade my GPU? any help...: Hello I'm Running a Gigabyte B450 Auros Motherboard and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 4GB and I am wanting to upgrade first of all is the Graphics card in the picture compatible?? if not what are my options??? I was hoping to get a 6GB card. my budget is only around $150-$250....
  3. How can I get my internet running on brand new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my internet running on brand new pc?: Hello, I recently finished building a new pc but I have ran into some problems. First, I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve heard you need to download windows onto your motherboard first with a usb. But I cannot do that because when I try to transfer and run the...
  4. How can I get my internet running on brand new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my internet running on brand new pc?: Hello, I recently finished building a new pc but I have ran into some problems. First, I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve heard you need to download windows onto your motherboard first with a usb. But I cannot do that because when I try to transfer and run the...
  5. I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...: I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list....
  6. I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...

I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in...: I have an Dell laptop running Windows 11 pro. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list....
  7. Glitching when running 3D softwares!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitching when running 3D softwares!: I have a laptop which is a bit old but in proper working condition, it even has intel core i7. I Formatted factory reset it 2 times, still when I open blender or ROBLOX it starts glitching. I would be very grateful to receive some help....
  8. Glitching when running 3D softwares!

Glitching when running 3D softwares!: I have a laptop which is a bit old but in proper working condition, it even has intel core i7. I Formatted factory reset it 2 times, still when I open blender or ROBLOX it starts glitching. I would be very grateful to receive some help....
  9. [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [W10 V20H2] Does not run Runonce EX: Good morning. For a few months, I have been testing on a virtual machine to integrate some tools into the ISO of Windows using the former runonce procedure used for years, but I can't make it run, I checked the scripts and they are all ok. Then to not waste time to install...
  10. Is there any way to download and run properly Catia V5 on the latest windows 10 v20H2?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to download and run properly Catia V5 on the latest windows 10 v20H2?: I just bought a new pc and its equiped of course with the latest version of windows. I can't go back. Does anyone know if it is possible somehow to download Catia V5 on this version?...