Windows 10: Now that Home Group and MSHOME are gone, how do O access files on my spouse's computer and...

Discus and support Now that Home Group and MSHOME are gone, how do O access files on my spouse's computer and... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; See tile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/now-that-home-group-and-mshome-are-gone-how-do-o/385c185b-32a0-437a-a655-0a8fda46b695" Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Easyrider37, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Now that Home Group and MSHOME are gone, how do O access files on my spouse's computer and...

See tile

:)

Easyrider37, Feb 14, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Feb 14, 2019
  3. jdl4 Win User
    My MSHOME network (using WiFi)

I've added another pc to the MSHOME network. To access it, I am told "Enter network credentials". What must I enter to connect?

4. Now that Home Group and MSHOME are gone, how do O access files on my spouse's computer and...

File mover program other than File Explorer

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Are you the administrator of the account?

• Is the computer connected to a domain?

• Is the issue specific to a particular file type?

• Did you make any changes to the permission settings recently?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Now that Home Group and MSHOME are gone, how do O access files on my spouse's computer and...

1. Now that Home Group and MSHOME are gone, how do O access files on my spouse's computer and... - Similar Threads - Home Group MSHOME

2. What to do with my computers security now that McAfee is gone?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do with my computers security now that McAfee is gone?: I just uninstalled my free trial of McAfee that came preinstalled on my new laptop. Once I did that I activated my computer's security options. Is there anything specific I should be paying attention to? Anything specific I should do? What is Microsoft Defender and how is...
  3. Bitlocker was installed on my Windows 10 Home Computer, and now it is gone. Cannot manage...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker was installed on my Windows 10 Home Computer, and now it is gone. Cannot manage...: I'll try to keep this simple, but I'm not a real techy person so please bear with me. I didn't know Bitlocker was installed on my Dell it's a refurbished computer. I installed a SanDisk SSD named D: Drive Hard Drive in January. Needing more space, I removed the hard drive,...
  4. With a Home Group gone, how do I network home computers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    With a Home Group gone, how do I network home computers?: How do I connect my home computers so I can share one drive to another computer? submitted by /u/ametalslimedrewnear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt34oa/with_a_home_group_gone_how_do_i_network_home/
  5. added myself to spouses computer now it says I am administrator, not spouse

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    added myself to spouses computer now it says I am administrator, not spouse: I added myself as local user on husbands computer. Now, it shows that I am administrator with my email address not husbands. Also, his files are missing....
  6. Sharing folders on home network now that Home Group removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders on home network now that Home Group removed: Hi, I was sharing folders on my home WiFi network between 3 Windows 10 computers. This has stopped working and I assume it is because Microsoft helpfully killed the HomeNetwork option. So how can I start sharing folders again? Specifically I have a desktop and want to...
  7. How to share files without home group??

How to share files without home group??: I have two computers - Windows 8 and Windows 10. I used to share files using a Homegroup. Now I have the home group just on Windows 8. How can I share files to drop them from one PC to the other?...
  8. MSHOME is displaying error

MSHOME is displaying error: I have WIN 10, Rasp Pi and an XP machine on LAN. The XP machine normally has MSHOME under My Network Places and shows all these devices. Now it says Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server...
  9. home network now that home group is gone

home network now that home group is gone: what conceivable advantage is to be had by eliminating a good system of home networking. just saying. NOW that's off my chest, how do you set up a home network with out hiring a geek? my computer cant even see other computers on my system....
  10. Home Group Can't access

Home Group Can't access: hey guys just install windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1 i try upgrade on other PC from 8.1 he create homegroup with no problems!!!!! (all PC in WORKGROUP) when i try to do that i get error. i read that i need 2 servies work, one of them Peer networking grouping. when i...