Windows 10: now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color

Discus and support now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marilyneiland, Oct 18, 2020.

1. now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color

now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color

:)

marilyneiland, Oct 18, 2020

2. Printing in Color

New Printer/New Windows 10 Computer...

Printer copies in color, but will not print in color. Any suggestions??? Tried several things with no luck. Thanks!!!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

LoriBennett1, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Printer will not print color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to print in color. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Printer?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer (Wired/Wireless)?

Let us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start button and then Settings .
    2. Click on UpdateandSecurity and then click on
      Troubleshoot.
    3. Run the troubleshooter for Printer.

Method 2: Update Printer Driver.

We would suggest you to connect the printer to the PC as wired connection, then download and install the
    Firmware & Software Utility driver from HP website.

Method 3: Check Printer preferences.

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.
    2. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
    3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
      • Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.
    4. ​After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

You may check: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648194

Method 4: HP Print and Scan Doctor

We would suggest you to use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows as
    this will fix printing and scanning problems with HP Print and Scan Doctor, a free tool for Windows.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 18, 2020
  4. now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color

HP printer not printing in color

I am using Windows 10 & HP printer, was printing in color as of late Oct. 2019 no longer prints in color. It does print in color using an IPAD or Phone. I implemented all the steps in the troubleshooter and it still will not print in color. The test
    page does print in color. HP advised this is a Windows problem Need Help please.

diannescheuer, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color

1. now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color - Similar Threads - upgraded printer won't

2. Printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't print in color: I use Windows 10. My printer is a wireless HP Envy 4520. Within the past few days, it no longer prints in color. The printer settings are correct set to print in color. The printer drivers are as up to date as possible HP no longer support this printer, too old, they want me...
  3. Printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer won't print in color: I use Windows 10. My printer is a wireless HP Envy 4520. Within the past few days, it no longer prints in color. The printer settings are correct set to print in color. The printer drivers are as up to date as possible HP no longer support this printer, too old, they want me...
  4. printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer won't print in color: I've read all the potential fixes for not being able to print pictures etc. in color. Are there any NEW fixes anyone can suggest? And how do I know if it's the printer or Microsoft that is the issue? Thank you....
  5. printer won't print in color

printer won't print in color: I've read all the potential fixes for not being able to print pictures etc. in color. Are there any NEW fixes anyone can suggest? And how do I know if it's the printer or Microsoft that is the issue? Thank you....
  6. Printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer won't print in color: I am using Windows 10 and nothing will print in color. It has been working fine up until a couple days ago. When I do a test print from my Office Jet 4655 printer it prints color, but when I do it from anywhere on my computer it will not. I have verified all of my printer...
  7. Printer won't print in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer won't print in color: I am using Windows 10 and nothing will print in color. It has been working fine up until a couple days ago. When I do a test print from my Office Jet 4655 printer it prints color, but when I do it from anywhere on my computer it will not. I have verified all of my printer...
  8. Color printer won't print in color

Color printer won't print in color: My HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn no longer prints color from my computer; however, if another person prints from their computer, it will be in color. Under properties, it shows Color: NO. How do I change that? I am working in Windows 10. It also, about the same time my color...
  9. printer won't print in color

printer won't print in color: my hp printer won't print in color without reinstalling the printer each time on my new Lenovo laptop. It prints from EVERY other device with NO problems. it only prints in black and white from this one. Can't figure out why. everyone says it sounds like it's missing a...
  10. Printer won't print in color

Printer won't print in color: When I print a test page, it prints in color. When I try to print anything else, it won't. I have made sure I selected color but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-in-color/e703abe5-3bd0-4139-ab9b-5df720b2292f