Windows 10: Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders

Discus and support Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders. So I tried a test file. To my surprise it remains fully visible and copyable. I am the only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tcebob, Jun 29, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders

Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders. So I tried a test file. To my surprise it remains fully visible and copyable. I am the only user and I suppose the encryption password is my user password, so the encryption is transparent to me.

Is it possible to select a different password so that anyone (including remote technicians, visitors, thieves) except me cannot view a file?

:)

tcebob, Jun 29, 2018

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders

1. Now that I have Win 10 Pro I can encrypt files and folders - Similar Threads - Pro encrypt files

2. Win 10 Pro - I have BSOD -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro - I have BSOD -: On my WIN 10 Pro PC, I have BSOD - Driver IRQL Not Less or equal - iaStorE.sys - Has anyone found a fix for this nuisance problem that happens from time to time. I have exhausted my brain. PC is fully updated. On this occasion, the PC had been running for about half an hour,...
  3. Win 10 Pro - I have BSOD -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro - I have BSOD -: On my WIN 10 Pro PC, I have BSOD - Driver IRQL Not Less or equal - iaStorE.sys - Has anyone found a fix for this nuisance problem that happens from time to time. I have exhausted my brain. PC is fully updated. On this occasion, the PC had been running for about half an hour,...
  4. Win 10 Pro - I have BSOD -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro: i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win-10-pro-do-i-get-win-11-pro/126e40fb-9845-42ff-9d47-cc04c456e4c4
  6. i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro: i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win-10-pro-do-i-get-win-11-pro/126e40fb-9845-42ff-9d47-cc04c456e4c4
  7. I can encrypt a folder but then can’t decrypt it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can encrypt a folder but then can’t decrypt it.: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 19041.928. I am theonly user of this PC, always logging in as “Mike”, and am an administrator.If I create a folder c:\enc and then use Properties / Advanced/ “Encrypt contents to secure data” this works.If I then try to use Properties /...
  8. Can I try win 10 pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I try win 10 pro ?: Can I try win 10 pro FOR FREE? I HAVE WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-try-win-10-pro/e8f6d205-7526-4743-be82-7d074b8918bb
  9. Having trouble with encrypting files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Having trouble with encrypting files/folders: I googled the subject and discovered that it's possible to encrypt individual files and folders with a password. I thought this would be a great idea after almost losing a flash drive recently. Some information would be best not lost to unauthorized people. The...
  10. Can I remove Win. 8 Recovery on D drive. I now have Win. 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I remove Win. 8 Recovery on D drive. I now have Win. 10: I would like to Remove the D partition drive or remove just the Win. 8 information. from it. When I bought this system 3 yrs. ago it was Win. 8. I have since updated this computer to Win. 10 Anniversary Update. When I do a Image Backup on my External Hard Drive, it will also...