Windows 10: Now & then my cursor gets sluggish & I can't do anything on the screen. Why is that?

Discus and support Now & then my cursor gets sluggish & I can't do anything on the screen. Why is that? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every now & then, as I am working on the screen, the cursor suddenly gets sluggish and almost disappears from the screen. So I can't do anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by edsa0601, Feb 23, 2019.

1. edsa0601 Win User

Now & then my cursor gets sluggish & I can't do anything on the screen. Why is that?

Every now & then, as I am working on the screen, the cursor suddenly gets sluggish and almost disappears from the screen. So I can't do anything. Meanwhile, the hard disk is whirring furiously. What is it doing. After some 10 minutes, the disk may slow down & the cursor recovers. But most times, I unplug the machine and re-plug.

I have a 7-year old HP Desktop.

:)

edsa0601, Feb 23, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Now & then my cursor gets sluggish & I can't do anything on the screen. Why is that?

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Now & then my cursor gets sluggish & I can't do anything on the screen. Why is that? - Similar Threads - cursor gets sluggish

2. Why my cursor is moving but can't click anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my cursor is moving but can't click anything?: Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?I just bought this laptop just around my city at first the cursor is functioning properly, I can move and click anywhere. I don't know when the problem started because I'm using a mouse. When I check it now I noticed...
  3. Why my cursor is moving but can't click anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my cursor is moving but can't click anything?: Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?I just bought this laptop just around my city at first the cursor is functioning properly, I can move and click anywhere. I don't know when the problem started because I'm using a mouse. When I check it now I noticed...
  4. Why my cursor is moving but can't click anything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?: I just bought this laptop just around my city at first the cursor is functioning properly, I can move and click anywhere. I don't know when the problem started because I'm using a mouse. When I check it now I noticed that the cursor is moving but I can't click anything. The...
  6. Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?: I just bought this laptop just around my city at first the cursor is functioning properly, I can move and click anywhere. I don't know when the problem started because I'm using a mouse. When I check it now I noticed that the cursor is moving but I can't click anything. The...
  7. Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't do anything now on windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't do anything now on windows: I had a problem opening *.exe files on windows 10 Home 64bits. Nothing worked because I was unable to run regedit or command as administrator, nor group policy or cmdinst, absolutely nothing. So I had to reset windows and delete everything using the options provided in...
  9. Sluggish, unresponsive cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sluggish, unresponsive cursor: I've had continuous issues with Windows 10. It's been about 2 weeks since my last clean install. Two months ago I added 2- 8GB DDR4 Corsair modules, now running 32GB. After a couple driver updates, and Windows updates, and a bluetooth dongle & keyboard upgrade my mouse...
  10. Changed my programfilesdir and now I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed my programfilesdir and now I can't do anything: Hello guys, So I tried to change the installation path of everything to my 2tb external D: drive becuz my hard drive only has 150gb. I did this: Open regedit (Start > Run > "regedit"). Then find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion". Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings accounts sign in options cotsor disappeared from screen cant get it back

2. Now I cannot do anything with the cursor